By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Awesome Screenshots Thread

You just need to know where to shop.

Try slickdeals.net...if you gradually buy deals that you find there...a $1500 gaming computer is completely possible. I'm going to build a $700-$800 computer soon that will be able to play damn near any game except for Crysis-like games that are coming out later, but I don't really care about Crysis. With Crysis comes the dawn of DX10 games though, so I will get an upgrade later.

And honestly...screw Vista.  Why pay $150 for an operating system when you can get XP for basically nothing.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
You just need to know where to shop.

Try slickdeals.net...if you gradually buy deals that you find there...a $1500 gaming computer is completely possible. I'm going to build a $700-$800 computer soon that will be able to play damn near any game except for Crysis-like games that are coming out later, but I don't really care about Crysis. With Crysis comes the dawn of DX10 games though, so I will get an upgrade later.

And honestly...screw Vista. Why pay $150 for an operating system when you can get XP for basically nothing.

You need Vista for DirectX 10. Although it's been hacked, I'd rather play it legally.

Otherwise, I agree with Ben. As I said, getting a pre-made system from Dell or whomever with the specs I mentioned would be 2300+. If you know how to shop, and if you're willing to assemble the computer yourself, it's 1500. I payed 1800 for mine 4 months ago with better specs than I just listed.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Back on topic with some new, tasty Goddess of W ... I mean ... Heavenly Sword pics ;)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Can we please get more room for pics?):

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

The Darkness:

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
Tispower said:

@Bodhesatva, do you have any idea what kind of PC you need to run Crysis, as I'm hoping to get it, but not sure how much resources it needs?

Sorry for not responding sooner.

Recommendations are:

2 GB DDR2 recommended, or 4 GB DDR
DirectX10 (Windows Vista)
NVidia 8800 GTS x 2 (SLI enabled)
Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 or bette

So, a quad core, for starters. If you're simplying buying this from Dell, it will be 2300+ right now; if you're assembling the computer yourself, it will be 1500ish. If you wait until Christmas to buy the game + computer, it would probably be around 1300ish.

lol, that was soooo long ago! I've since got information from GamesRadar:

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/pc/game/previews/article.jsp?releaseId=20060130161216125099&articleId=200706129573775081&sectionId=1001&pageId=200706121061280027

Every sane person is wondering how all this is going to run on their system. We asked Cevat Yerli, Crytek CEO, what gamers with a limited budget should buy to make sure they can play Crysis well, and his first answer was two gigs of RAM. The single gig most of us have is going to struggle with environments of this size, and with this much smashable stuff to keep track of. Next on the shopping list is, predictably, a GeForce 8800 - but the GTS model in that range is fairly affordable, and not a huge step down from the GTX. The surprising part is that Cevat says a Core 2 Duo E6600 processor is enough to run Crysis on Ultra High settings with that setup. That chip is likely to undergo another price drop before Crysis comes out, too, so don’t rush.

If you don’t have any of these things and you need a new motherboard too, you’re still looking at a hefty layout, but to play at max settings this seems surprisingly reasonable to us. Well, not quite max settings. Crysis actually has graphical features built in that no PC available this year will be able to make use of. Cevat estimates it’ll be 18 months after release before technology catches up with his game. They put these features in partly to keep Crysis current after release - they say it’ll be the best-looking game for the next three years - but also, let’s face it, because they’re enormous graphics geeks.

Also, with me being 16, and atm, unempolyed, I hardly think I'm gonna be assembling, let alone buying my own system

However, my dad just bought a PC in the last 2 weeks, for about £1100 (so about $2200, but remember us in Europe ALWAYS pay more! Also this included Microsoft Office 2007, which is about £100), with the following specs:

Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz E6600

4gb RAM

500gb HD

nVidia 8600GT (damn, may have to get a new one )

Windows Vista

22" TFT capable of ~ 1600 x 1000

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

I guess people's definition of awesome varies a lot. Otherwise why would a Gamecube game with fairly dated graphics, a Donkey Kong game that looks like it's for Gameboy color, a PS2 adventure game that looks horrid from the screenshot, a DS shooter that looks like it could have came out 15 years ago, a FF game with almost no detail, and a sonic game with water effects from 6 years ago even be on this page. This is 2007 people! Not 2003, not 1999, not 1990 (some of those pics are that dated).

Legend11 said:
I guess people's definition of awesome varies a lot. Otherwise why would a Gamecube game with fairly dated graphics, a Donkey Kong game that looks like it's for Gameboy color, a PS2 adventure game that looks horrid from the screenshot, a DS shooter that looks like it could have came out 15 years ago, a FF game with almost no detail, and a sonic game with water effects from 6 years ago even be on this page. This is 2007 people! Not 2003, not 1999, not 1990 (some of those pics are that dated).

Correct, opinions of awesome do vary a lot. I'm not sure why you started this post with: "opinions on awesome vary a lot," then continue to go on about how other people's opinions are stupid and wrong.

How about this: you don't make fun of Wii/DS gameshots, and I won't post pics of Crysis in every 360 thread and say: "Wow you people terrible tastes. Apparently you don't mind having crappy graphics."

But you know what? It's okay that you enjoy the 360, even though its graphics are already outdated. You are absolutely welcome to your tastes. See? That wasn't so hard.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
Legend11 said:

Correct, opinions of awesome do vary a lot. I'm not sure why you started this post with: "opinions on awesome vary a lot," then continue to go on about how other people's opinions are stupid and wrong.

How about this: you don't make fun of Wii/DS gameshots, and I won't post pics of Crysis in every 360 thread and say: "Wow you people terrible tastes. Apparently you don't mind having crappy graphics."

But you know what? It's okay that you enjoy the 360, even though its graphics are already outdated. You are absolutely welcome to your tastes. See? That wasn't so hard.  

My apologies to anyone I may have offended, I shouldn't have posted what I was thinking.  People have differing opinions and I'm going to do my best from now on to respect that.

Brawl is going to be an amazing looking game, especially considering it's on the Wii

For best graphics screenshot, you have to go Crysis, obviously. The upper house is a photograph, the bottom one is real time game footage