By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - recommend a game for a wii noob

I know it is too late, but you bought some of the worst Wii games ever. Try to sell them or give it as a present to someone you dislike.

I recommend Trauma Center New Blood. It is hard as hell, but make great use of the Wiimote. It is really a unique game. Co-op is a plus.

If you are into SRPG buy Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. I dare say it is the best JRPG of this generation so far.

Also, try some used Gamecube games. There are so much amazing games everyone missed. RE 0, RE remake, Paper Mario TYD, Eternal Darkness, Tales of Symphonia, Pikmin.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

YOu have to get NO more heroes, Okami, and Moh Heroes 2. Those are really good wii games that will proabably suit your tastes. And Bully also. But if you havent played LoZTW, you have to, its one of the best games ever, specialy on the wii, the controls are great.

ItsaMii said:
I know it is too late, but you bought some of the worst Wii games ever. Try to sell them or give it as a present to someone you dislike.

I recommend Trauma Center New Blood. It is hard as hell, but make great use of the Wiimote. It is really a unique game. Co-op is a plus.

If you are into SRPG buy Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. I dare say it is the best JRPG of this generation so far.

Also, try some used Gamecube games. There are so much amazing games everyone missed. RE 0, RE remake, Paper Mario TYD, Eternal Darkness, Tales of Symphonia, Pikmin.

Yeah, but what the h***. Had to make a quick decision, since I thought those games would be sold very soon with those prices. Propably not.

Thanks for those tips, but don't dare to say that anything other than Lost odyssey is the best jrpg so far. :D I will try that fire emblem, somehow I did not notice that game anywhere. Quite low score on metacritic, but the same as LO. Maybe this one is "underrated" too. :)

And no, I won't be buying last gen titles.  :P

Kurakasa said:
Just an useless post. After playing RE4 for a while, I decided to give MP3 another shot. :D I am getting somewhat used to these controls.

Change the controls to advanced settings. It's much better. Also enjoy metroid prime 3, and don't think of it as an fps , but more as an adventure game. It does have some fps aspects, but it is more about adventuring and puzzles.

Okami seems to fit your tastes pretty well. I really enjoy it.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Kurakasa said:
Just an useless post. After playing RE4 for a while, I decided to give MP3 another shot. :D I am getting somewhat used to these controls.

Change the controls to advanced settings. It's much better. Also enjoy metroid prime 3, and don't think of it as an fps , but more as an adventure game. It does have some fps aspects, but it is more about adventuring and puzzles.

Oh, thanks for the warning. I really hate puzzles. Would have bought MP again, but now I won't. :D

Ps. Does anyone know how these quotes can be edited with firefox? :D Or how to turn this damn [center] off..

Kurakasa said:
Thanks for the fast answers. I did not like DOA too much, so I doubt I would like Brawl either. Maybe I'll give it a shot. :) Mario kart, well. Not that one. :P NMH is one title I am considering.

@roadkillers

Last time I played nintendo games a bit more was when I owned NES. So I really don't know much about them.

@Faxanadu

Thanks, that was friendly.

WHAT!  YOU DID NOT JUST MAKE THAT LEAP!

Comparing DOA to BRAWL is to compare Ghost Recon to Contra.  Same genre (fighting for #1, shooting stuff for #2) but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ALIKE!

Seriously, dude.  In DOA, memorize one combo and you're pretty much unbeatable.  In Brawl, nothing is for certain.  I don't have time to go into detail, but seriously, every Wii owner needs Brawl.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

RE4 is a super amazing game give it another shot. Once you dig the controls you'll see what the fuss is about.

@thekitchensink
Your absolutley right, i was just about to say somthing like that. If you havent played any Smash Bros game, then you have to pick Brawl up, you just have to. And the scores for Fire Emblem are low because queerbags like Gmae informer though it was to hard. Its a great game, and if you like stragity games, you need to get this one. Did mention No More Heroes?

Well, I got rid of that Anubis and Wing Island. Gave them as a present for my neighbours little kid. He was actually happy to get them. Poor boy. :D

And thanks again for being so friendly/suggesting games for me. To be fair, I have to say that I really dislike a lot of nintendo-franchises. So there is little point recommending SMG/zelda/mario kart. Brawl is the best one in my eyes, but I really don't like fighters a lot. Doa has at least boobs. ;) Haven't seen brawl anywhere in stores either.. propably not released here yet.

For SMG/Mario kart, I don't like their graphical style and voice "acting". For gameplay, I have not liked platformers since Sonic on genesis. I can't see myself collecting all the stars, just to collect them. For me, mario kart is like a really dumbed down version of a racer. Compared to forza, that is. So I see no reason for me to play that game. :)

This is just my personal opinion, there is nothing wrong if you love those titles. They are just not for me. I hope you understand and do not consider this as wii bashing. There is nothing wrong with the wii, it just has not gave me the games I want to play. Yet.

Oh, I ordered that fire emblem. Next week my wii will get a lot of attention. :D