By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - recommend a game for a wii noob

I highly recommend picking up a rail shooter title for your friends' visit that aren't gamer.
They'll instinctively pull the trigger.
A gunshell or 2 would be preferred.

Around the Network

Well, I just got RE4, but that was not like 30$, more like 60$. :D Would have bought NMH but did not find that anywhere. :) Okami will be next, even though that is like 60$ too.

@Galaki

What title is that?

^^ ^^

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

It's actually very good.

In response to what title Galaki was suggesting.

Ghost Squad and House of the Dead are good also.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Sell your Wii. Seriously, if you don't like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers, I really don't understand why you bought a Wii.

Sell it and buy more games for your 360.

Yeah, it sucks that RE4Wii is normal price in Europe, but it's worth every € (or pound in your case).

Chrizum: I understand what you're saying, but still, he bought a Wii as an extra next to his 360. He'll probably enjoy Fatal Frame, Castlevania, Symphonia 2, Fragile, Tenchu 4 etc.

Around the Network

lol all the wii games

Chrizum said:
Sell your Wii. Seriously, if you don't like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers, I really don't understand why you bought a Wii.

Sell it and buy more games for your 360.

I did not buy it, got it for my birthday from my mother. She remembered that I liked mario on nes, so she bought me a wii. :) Might have bought it myself, just to try out wiimote. I am not selling, just because I think that some day there will be good jrpg:s on wii. :D

I know people really didn't enjoy it much, but I had a great time with red steel. If you can find a cheap used copy or rent it, it will give you a good idea of what FPS games with a wii-mote are like. It didn't get great reviews but it was still fun. It won't hold up to Mass Effect, Halo, Bioshock, Gears, etc., but it was a fun title IMO.

Okami is VERY similar to LOZ:TP in terms of gameplay. The visual style is very different, of course.

Instead of trying to find FPS/TPS type games on the Wii (other than RE4) which was a BLAST, you might look into other genres that you might enjoy and give them a rent. Honestly, I don't get much out of my in the shooter department and have my 360 for that but there are a lot of OTHER games that I do play on the Wii.  Medal of Honor : Heroes 2 is a good game as well.  Visually it's nothing to write home about, though, and your 360 really is a spoiler when it comes to graphics.

There are a lot more games from many different genres on the near term horizon... i.e. conduit for example...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I fyou want good JRPG's, check out the Virtual Console. If you want good NEW JRPG's, buy a DS.
No More Heroes will fit your taste, maybe some rail shooters as a snack. But if you really want to get into your Wii, you better learn to like Mario, Zelda, Metroid(Hah, my username :]), Smash Bros., and Mario Kart. All great games, you'll enjoy them eventually, if you try. I couldn't enjoy Halo for one, but tried and now I pretty much love the games.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to pick up "Wii Training" for the DS in Japan.