By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
routsounmanman said:
DMeisterJ said:

Oh, first, HAI!

Second, you haven't been around this week!

I saw one at my Gamestop on Tuesday, and couldn't refuse to buy it.

So now I am the proud owner of a Wii and Zelda: TP. I'm buying (most likely) MK today.

Hai to you too,  my friend!

Does this mean that sometime in the future we will be playing Monster Hunter 3 together? YAY! If you indeed get Mario Kart today, be sure to give me your FC; I will be able to play once in a month or so. 

If CAPCOM gives Monster Hunter 3 online support in the America's, sure, we'll play together.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
It doesn't matter how good I am at Mario Kart. I don't think it's a good game. F-zero blows it away.

That I can accept; it's your opinion. How are you by the way? Haven't talked to you in ages...

Kart would be my obvious choice, I never liked the Smash Bros games much at all but always loved the Kart series for its multiplayer mayhem and endless fun!

Mario Kart is much better for casual people who have no intention of playing the game extremely competitively. It's online looks better then Brawls because it works different. It uses AI to predict where your opponents are when the games lagging and updates when it can often causing weird skips in your opponents. Annoying as hell when aiming Green Shells. The game doesn't ever slow down from lag, but it still has annoyances though not quite as noticeable. I have it, and I can say it didn't hold my interest for long. Especially since no one online wants to leave the easy tracks to play the more fun ones like Koopa Cape and Rainbow Road. Nooo always want Luigi Circuit and Moo Moo Meadows. Whoever gets the lead first can generally keep it as well by just trailing items for defense, which is slightly cheap since then only a Blue Shell or an item that hits everyone effects them. Luck plays a big part in this game as well as skill. Could be the best racer ever, that won't stop a blue shell, a red shell, a Pow Block, a Bullet Bill, another red Shell, and a Green Shell barrage from knocking from first to last 20 feet from the finish line.

Brawl is better for competitive people who intend on getting progressively better at the game. However, Brawls online is fairly limited. Also, when you start to lag the frame rate will slow down. In fighting games, every frame counts so this is the only way it'd work out. It has better staying power then Mario Kart Wii in my opinion. Also, this game is based much more on skill then luck (provided you play it the competitive way of course).

My Creations in Modnation Racers! Check zhem!
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/IvoYaridovich/creations

Get brawl,I enjoy it more than mario kart,in fact in brawl you will have a chance to get better while in kart you will be destroy by rolstoppable.

Around the Network

Brawl.

The controls on MK are too slippery.

IvoYarido said:

... Could be the best racer ever, that won't stop a blue shell, a red shell, a Pow Block, a Bullet Bill, another red Shell, and a Green Shell barrage from knocking from first to last 20 feet from the finish line ...

Your above example fails. The POW blocks are avoidable if you drive a bike ( all good MK-ers do ) and a Bullet Bill is down to 10th-12th position.

Blue shell + red shell combo can knock you from 1st to 4th-8th but how often does this happen, especially in the finishing line? Bad luck can kick you in the nuts, yes, but how often does that happen? 1 / 100? Don't accuse the game of being unfair if you haven't devoted enough time to it.

ctk495 said:
Get brawl,I enjoy it more than mario kart,in fact in brawl you will have a chance to get better while in kart you will be destroyed by that cheater, rolstoppable.

Yeah; I was the first to notice.

IvoYarido said:
Mario Kart is much better for casual people who have no intention of playing the game extremely competitively. It's online looks better then Brawls because it works different. It uses AI to predict where your opponents are when the games lagging and updates when it can often causing weird skips in your opponents. Annoying as hell when aiming Green Shells. The game doesn't ever slow down from lag, but it still has annoyances though not quite as noticeable. I have it, and I can say it didn't hold my interest for long. Especially since no one online wants to leave the easy tracks to play the more fun ones like Koopa Cape and Rainbow Road. Nooo always want Luigi Circuit and Moo Moo Meadows. Whoever gets the lead first can generally keep it as well by just trailing items for defense, which is slightly cheap since then only a Blue Shell or an item that hits everyone effects them. Luck plays a big part in this game as well as skill. Could be the best racer ever, that won't stop a blue shell, a red shell, a Pow Block, a Bullet Bill, another red Shell, and a Green Shell barrage from knocking from first to last 20 feet from the finish line.

Brawl is better for competitive people who intend on getting progressively better at the game. However, Brawls online is fairly limited. Also, when you start to lag the frame rate will slow down. In fighting games, every frame counts so this is the only way it'd work out. It has better staying power then Mario Kart Wii in my opinion. Also, this game is based much more on skill then luck (provided you play it the competitive way of course).

That really pisses me off.  I really don't understand why people keep picking Luigi Circuit.  It's the most boring track ever.  Might as well be racing in a straight line receiving random items.

On second bolded part you seem to be contradicting yourself slightly.  It seems only fair that if you have the racing skills to get into first place and can take the track well enough to stay there without your opponents catching up based on the items they have.  However, as you have then go on to point out you could drive perfectly in first and then a blue shell comes and ruines everything.  Irrespective of how skillfull you are and how rubbish your opponents are you can drop several places, especially on rubbish tracks like Luigi Circuit. That is the part of the game I don't like.  In fact I really really hate it and won't mind starting a petition to Nintendo to remove blue shells from future Mario Kart games.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

MArio Kart for me. Though I never played Brawl, it cant get better.

If Riot thinks it is all luck based, he aint good at the game.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.