By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is The Playstation 3 Really Doing That Bad?

URNotE said:

gran turismo came out in april.. of 2001.. almost a year after the japan launch and september in th U.S.  what game of that calibur has the Ps3 seen???  gran turismo was a bonafide system seller... what game has the ps3 seen so far thats a system seller???  none

Without releasing a single decent game the PS2 SOLD 20 MILLION CONSOLES and OUTSOLD THE DREMCAST 4 TO 1 ... Without games the PS2 sold amazingly well.

You have to understand that the PS3 is selling at (roughly) the same rate as the Dreamcast in any region ... simply saying "wait for the games" demonstrates a huge lack of understanding of how poorly the PS3 really is doing.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
URNotE said:

gran turismo came out in april.. of 2001.. almost a year after the japan launch and september in th U.S.  what game of that calibur has the Ps3 seen???  gran turismo was a bonafide system seller... what game has the ps3 seen so far thats a system seller???  none

Without releasing a single decent game the PS2 SOLD 20 MILLION CONSOLES and OUTSOLD THE DREMCAST 4 TO 1 ... Without games the PS2 sold amazingly well.

You have to understand that the PS3 is selling at (roughly) the same rate as the Dreamcast in any region ... simply saying "wait for the games" demonstrates a huge lack of understanding of how poorly the PS3 really is doing.

No offense but saying that the ps2 sold 20 million without  releasing a single decent game is just a blatant lie..  and for you to compare the dreamcast to the ps3 is just ridiculous.. the dreamcast didnt even have full 3rd party support.. it seems like you are the one who doesnt understand your video game history

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

If you accuse someone of lying, you kinda have to prove them wrong. Not saying that you can't, of course, I'm just not going to go do your research for you. Name a system-seller for the PS2 that came out before holiday season of '01, please?

Sony has alread announced that they would produce 6 million PS3's by the end of march. They want 10 million PS3's by the end of this year.

So far it has sold less then 4 million, so in fact it would have to selle beter then the DS at top moments to even get to the 10 million. 

And Sony may be moving the most money, what really counts are software sales. And the "uber" resistance title sold 3 times less then Gears of Wars. A big part in that is that the XBOX already has 10 million consoles out there.

So i fact its like a Pirats movie doing average: no profit is being generated cause it costed much more to make it.

Also count in that people won't be fooled twice so the PS4 will have almost no fanbase to rely on. Also the reports i read in european papers is that the PS3 is failing. So thats how people out there see it. 

fishamaphone said:
If you accuse someone of lying, you kinda have to prove them wrong. Not saying that you can't, of course, I'm just not going to go do your research for you. Name a system-seller for the PS2 that came out before holiday season of '01, please?

in normal cases you do have to prove them wrong but in this case i dont.. and who said anything about holiday 01?? he said and i quote" Without releasing a single decent game the PS2 SOLD 20 MILLION CONSOLES" so are you telling me the ps2 sold 20 million consoles worldwide by holiday 01? it came out october 2000 US and march 2000 in japan..20 million units by 01 yea okay whatever... without even lookin at the numbers im pretty sure it didnt hit 20 million until sometime in 2002.. there was a blockbuster of games released in the last 5 months of 2001.. in japan and USA... i apologize for calling him a liar but in my opinion it was a stupid comment..

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

Around the Network
fishamaphone said:

To be fair, Fish, HappySquirrel did say "Decent" game, not "system selling" game. And yeah, I really don't think you need to do any research to state that the PS2 did, in fact, have several decent games in its first year of existance. Tekken Tag Tournament was a launch title, for goodness sakes :p

Also, the point about the Dreamcast is well taken. The Dreamcast wasn't just lacking support, it was publicly shunned by major companies like EA. That's a big difference.

And HappySquirrel, not trying ot attack you or anything. I also wanted to say that your point in a different thread -- where you showed how much better Nintendo games sell than Sony games, and why that does make the disparity between the number 2 and number 4 sellers quite a big one -- is a point wel taken, and I agree with you now.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bonafide732 said:

it came out october 2000 US and march 2000 in japan..20 million units by 01 yea okay whatever... without even lookin at the numbers im pretty sure it didnt hit 20 million until sometime in 2002

ConsoleMakerDateJapanAmericasPALTotal
SonyMar-20022.80 / 9.652.35 / 10.593.96 / 8.449.11 / 28.68

Shipped 28 million consoles by March 2002. So ... in all likelihood, yes, it sold 20 million in it's first year. So, what system sellers were released in PS2's first year?

Dolla Dolla said:
Bonafide732 said:

it came out october 2000 US and march 2000 in japan..20 million units by 01 yea okay whatever... without even lookin at the numbers im pretty sure it didnt hit 20 million until sometime in 2002

ConsoleMakerDateJapanAmericasPALTotal
SonyMar-20022.80 / 9.652.35 / 10.593.96 / 8.449.11 / 28.68

Shipped 28 million consoles by March 2002. So ... in all likelihood, yes, it sold 20 million in it's first year. So, what system sellers were released in PS2's first year?

according to this website the ps2 sold 10.61 million in its first year on the market

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

Not to mention that in TWO DAYS the ps2 sold 980,000 for the Japanese launch. After SEVEN MONTHS, the PS3 still has not sold that amount in Japan.

Is anyone saying that the ps2 had more games after day two than the ps3 has after seven months???

im losing track of what we are discussing lol lol.

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732