By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How awesome would it be if Nintendo ever started developing Mother 4?

Nah. Probably never going to happen.

MK License

SSBB-2878-9454-7353. Main-Kirby        PM me if you want to be added.

Around the Network

it would only be cool if they released it outside of Japan.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

ecurbj said:
What is Mother?
Mother is what Earthbound is called in Japan

The series producer has no plans for part 4.

I think forums like these give the wrong impression of how popular the Mother series is. Considering many here probably played Earthbound used, or through an emulator, Nintendo is inclined to think that the series is so unpopular and niche that Mother 3 couldn't even warrant a translation effort for stateside release. The best option and most likely to occur is Nintendo opening up a GBA channel in the Virtual Console, and Mother 3 possibly seeing a translation effort in that regard.

Has anyone even played and understood Mother 3 to know whether the series still has it's charm?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

To answer the thread title: not as awesome as Nintendo porting over Mother 3, which probably isn't going to happen anymore. Maybe a DS compilation of the series?

I'm not saying it's likely, just that it would make me happy.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Onyxmeth said:

I think forums like these give the wrong impression of how popular the Mother series is. Considering many here probably played Earthbound used, or through an emulator, Nintendo is inclined to think that the series is so unpopular and niche that Mother 3 couldn't even warrant a translation effort for stateside release. The best option and most likely to occur is Nintendo opening up a GBA channel in the Virtual Console, and Mother 3 possibly seeing a translation effort in that regard.

Has anyone even played and understood Mother 3 to know whether the series still has it's charm?

I heard Mother 3 was really good though it doesn't quite have some of the charm Earthbound does. I think Nintendo know it is popular, but they just want to see if the series is profitable before releasing Mother 3 here. That is why they are going to release it on VC and I am sure it will be proof of Earthbound's popularity. In fact, a poll in NP showed that Earthbound is the most wanted game people want on VC. That's shows that Earthbound has grown signifincantly in popularity.

It would be very awesome, Nintendo could surprise us with anything this E3

Onyxmeth said:

*Cough*  This is why I keep this picture :3

Anyhow, as far as I can tell, Mother 3 slightly darker than Earthbound, but it looks like it's keeping to the humor pretty well :3

Again, I'm always surprised when I see people haven't played or don't like it^^ but I suppose it was a pretty niche game^^

I Really hope they announce something related to Mother at E3 ; ; Earthbound on the VC would be alright, but oh man, I want more :3

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1