By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whats up with MGS4 install times?

So I started MGS4 yesterday and got an 8 minute install time.

Today I beat act 1 and got another 3 minute install time between.

Then today, I wanted to check out some of the commercials shown when you start the game so I chose new game and got a 2 minute install again.

Then after seeing the commercials I wanted to see, I exited to start menu and chose to load my saved game on act 2 and I got another 3 minute install.

Is everyone getting this?

Seems like a wierd way to design game installs... like, game should just do a 20 minute install at the beginning and call it a day.

Around the Network

It is pretty much to cut down on the amount of space used.  It overwrites the previous data for each act.  I wish there was a choice to just install the whole thing though.

From review, each time u install, it erases the last install

from act1, u go act2
==> install time
u want to go back act1
==> install time
u go back act2 again
==> install time

yeah ... this s---- !

Time to Work !

^
lol. Alright then...

I have a feeling in 20 years Angry Videogame Nerd will review MGS4 and there will be a part where he talks about this and finishes by saying...

"WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?"

It really seems that the game keeps only one Act installed at time. Kinda annoying but the installations aren't too long anyway. It's not a big deal after all unless there are three or four players on the same console playing at different paces.

Wish they'd let us choose to install the whole game at once though. Oh, at least it's something useful they show during the installs. Gets old pretty quick though but still good. Not what I expected but...

Around the Network

How big is the preinstalled data?

Seems pretty awkward.

Haha people were complaining about long install times and space used.

They then shorten the install times by having them more often and use less space by saving over previous installs... I can see how its a problem but so many people were bitching the other way the did it... I guess you cant please everyone.

PooperScooper said:
Haha people were complaining about long install times and space used.

They then shorten the install times by having them more often and use less space by saving over previous installs... I can see how its a problem but so many people were bitching the other way the did it... I guess you cant please everyone.

Sure you can.

No installs.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Bizarre... have to be the first game ever(?) to do this - PC or console.

I really HATE how these games can't be just played from the disc itself - Wii games have no problem at all. Is the BluRay in the PS3 really that slow?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099