By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More Wario Land Shake Details

Wario Land Shake Details

Mario's rival makes an unexpected appearance on Wii.

June 13, 2008 - In case you haven't heard by now, Wario is coming back to the Wii, only this time for something a bit more substantial than Wario Ware. First unveiled a couple of weeks back, Wario Land Shake has at last been given a full preview in this week's Famitsu. Here's the scoop.

In this side scrolling platformer, your goal is to make use of Wario's moves to get past enemies and obstacles and clear each stage of play. You hold the controller sideways, controlling Wario's movements with the d-pad. Most of your actions involve shaking the controller at hot spots and using other forms of motion control to pilot the various vehicles that Wario encounters.

There's some reason to Wario's madness in this game. The title's storyline focuses on a world called Euretopia, which exists within an ancient globe that's been placed in a museum. One day, Euretopia is attacked by the pirate Shei King, who locks away Queen Meruful and her people and also steals the Deru Deru no Saifu, an ancient treasure that continually dispenses money when shaken. The pirate Captain Syrup witnesses this and, wanting the treasure for herself, steals the globe and sends it to Wario. He, of course, immediately begins to try and obtain the treasure. At this moment, a resident of Euretopia appears in the outside world and begs Wario for help. With treasure on his mind, the anti-hero heads off on a journey into the globe.

Nintendo is working with animation studio Production I.G. for this latest Wario title. The studio is responsible for the game's visuals, and is apparently making use of the same process it uses when creating its films.

Wario Land Shake hits the Japanese Wii on July 24.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/881/881551p1.html

Around the Network

This will be good. I'm glad that Nintebdo has not abandoned the classic platformer. It's refreshing.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I think the story sounds interesting. I can't wait. 2d platformes

GOTY

Wario Land games were among the best on the GB, GBC, and GBA. A frigging console sequel with hand drawn motherfucking sprites and professional damn cutscenes...

F**k, I need new pants...

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

And Nintendo just keeps announcing and announcing more and more wealth of Wii titles. I love it and I will be supporting this game with a purchase.

Any game of Nintendo that catches my eye will be bought. I love platformers and its good to see Nintendo taking it back to the old roots :D

Around the Network

its great to have mopre 2d platformers,but them being good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Captain Syrup returns for another ass kicking.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

new 2d platformer is always welcome, the only downside to 3d gaming was the disappearance of this once great genre

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

no screens?

sounds almost similar to the Wario land story for the Gameboy, I will definetly look into this game, brings back so many memories.