By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - nintendo:we will discover ne genres

http://www.developmag.com/news/29976/Nintendo-Wii-can-discover-new-genres

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Yes....and here's their newest brainstorm.

WiiChurch

For those who can't seem to make it to church every Sunday morning, Nintendo proudly presents WiiChurch, the latest title in the Wii series.  This game features a variety of churches from around the world and allows the player to flip through hymn books, raise their hands in exaltation, and even pray before an assortment of candles.

From a Nintendo executive...
We've been exploring several markets during this generation and feel we have yet to tap into one of the largest, most devout markets in the world.  As we've said before, the blue ocean stategy was just the beginning.

WiiChurch will feature a variety of faiths and belief systems in an effort to maximize the title's potential with non-secular non-gamers.

Expect the title to street sometime in December just in time for Hanukkah and Christmas. 

I hope the Native American Church is included.

I hope Wii Church is compatible with the Balance board. You could do prosternation reps (start at 6 then you unlock more reps as you become better.) It could also monitor those lazy people who don't get up during the readings.

Signature goes here!

Hmm..what about druids? Do they have the option to pray in a grove of trees?

Around the Network

...You guys know hes not serious right?

I thought the topic title said "We will discover NES genres" Well, we ARE seeing the return of sidescrollers on Wii...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

So thats the first post-NPD destruction of gaming article.

I'm sure Nintendo is aware of your concerns, everyone. But I think their stance has always been on the more casual observers....

So don't expect the more hardcore religions to be making appearances. Their aim seems to be focused on mostly major Western and Eastern dogma.

There has been no mention yet of balance board support, but they are pursuing other attachable peripherals to add to the experience. One of the possibilities includes a microphone ala Boogie so that people can actually sing their favorite praise songs. One of the mini games rumored to be in development is OrganHero, so people can play many of the most foreboding as well as uplifting melodies that they've come to expect from the real church experience. The organ attachment is expected to retail for 69.99 and will be a first for the music game genre.