By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Original Metal Gear Solid coming to XBLA

Rumor: Original Metal Gear Solid Coming to XBLA

Leaked info could reveal Snake's plans for the 360.
By Steve Watts, 06/12/2008
As hundreds of thousands of eager stealth fans crack open their shiny new copies of Metal Gear Solid 4, some Xbox 360 owners are surely seething with jealousy. But cheer up, guys -- an older title starring the famed Solid Snake might be coming to the Microsoft box after all.

Ripten reports that the original Metal Gear Solid was seen by a source on PartnerNet, the private Xbox Live server that facilitates testing of unreleased downloadable games. While the title was originally for the PlayStation 1, it could conceivably fit into Microsoft's 350MB size cap with a few modern compression methods. It's unconfirmed, but given MGS4's PlayStation 3 exclusivity, this could be a nice treat from Konami to fans who happen to own the other platform.

Even though it's not the latest in the franchise, many an Xbox 360 owner would be likely to enjoy scoring achievements for the original Solid adventure if this rumor pans out. Of course, if you own a PS3 or are thinking of picking one up, check out our hot-off-the-presses review of Metal Gear Solid 4.

linky: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168200

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, the way I see this, there are three possibilities:

1. Ripten is full of shit.

2. They are just looking for extra cash. 

3. They are seeing if the Xbox fanbase would purchase a game from the series, and if it did well they may consider a franchise spinoff on the 360 (Sony would find a way to keep MGS4 exclusive, even if they did find a way to put it on a DVD)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

i doubt it will come to xbla,also i think this was posted once

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Yeh sure, have MGS.

I have MGS4 on the Playstation 3.

MGS4!

Q_A_X said:
Yeh sure, have MGS.

Right, because all video game boil down to is the haves and have nots. Heaven forbid other people enjoy a game.

Anyways I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. MGS was also released on the PC, and later updated on the GC. Hell, originally the game was plans for the Saturn and N64 as well, until Sony payed for exclusivity. 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Q_A_X said:
Yeh sure, have MGS.

MGS is a good game,anyone would be happy to have it but i dont think it will release on xbla

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Posted before.

Old news, its been debunked.

Metal gear solid has already been released on the japanese PSN store, so I doubt it

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

I think it's a possibility. Granted Konami hasn't been as forthcoming in 360 support as other japanese developers, they did give us symphony of night for XBLA. (which was also a PS1 title) So I think it's completely possible and plausible that the original Metal Gear solid (which is still the best one) will come to XBLA.