By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Star Ocean: Last Hope 360 exclusive

starcraft said:
Score for the 360. This will probably be a good RPG, and I reckon the 360 will have it exclusively for at least a year, if not indefinitely.

Fixed.

It's way too early to say "one of the best of the generation", when we really have no news on it, except that it takes place in the future and it's XBOX 360 exclusive.

How anyone could ever derive "one of the best RPGs of the generation" from that is beyond me. 

Love ya Starcraft!

Around the Network

^i think when SE says its exclusive they mean it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

BengaBenga said:
eliasg said:
why PS3 fanboys always get mad about 360 exclusive games???

For some reason they feel they have the divine exclusive rights to JRPG's.

This.

It's the PS2s fault.

People expect that every JRPG needs to be on the system.  I don't want to start a system war, and I love my Wii, but it's the same as Wii Fanboys.  They fell that every game should be on their platform because they're in first place.

This sense of entitlement from fanboys of all consoles is what starts most if not all wars and fights on the boards.

I would have talked about MS fanboys, but since Starcraft is all alone, and has no one else to defend him, I won't go into that

DMeisterJ said:
BengaBenga said:
eliasg said:

This.

It's the PS2s fault.

People expect that every JRPG needs to be on the system. I don't want to start a system war, and I love my Wii, but it's the same as Wii Fanboys. They fell that every game should be on their platform because they're in first place.

This sense of entitlement from fanboys of all consoles is what starts most if not all wars and fights on the boards.

I would have talked about MS fanboys, but since Starcraft is all alone, and has no one else to defend him, I won't go into that

Meanie.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Why is it that any good 360 news is all of the sudden a bad thing.Im a ps3 fanboy i will admit it but starcraft is right theres to much 360 bashing in here its disgusting.And i laugh because alot of sony fans use the excuse that ohh they bashed us when sony wasnt doing so good saying the ps3 would fail.

They were only stating there opinions and honestly it didnt look good on the ps3 front after launch.When i got my ps3 i was pissed and i am no fan of the 360 but its a great machine and it does have the best games this gen no doubt about it. I am not blinded by fanboyism so i can honestly say that there have been alot of mgs4 posts and there were alot of repeat posts with the same information in those posts.

It seems anything negative 360 is ok but anything on the good side is a bad thing and it threatens you as if your holy mgs4 will lose the spot light.

I bought mgs4 and to be honest i think its nothing special.I understand how a fanboy mind works tho because i was a huge ps2 fan back in the day.I would lie to myself tell myself something was good even tho i knew it wasnt all it was cracked up to be.Then i had a revelation and realised why am i doing this these comopanys arent puting a dime in my pocket.

Now on the starocean 4

It sucks that i wont be able to play it but thats fine with me not every console has everything you want.I wont buy a 360 for many reasons but it does piss me off how sony is screwing with me this gen.I want more jrpgs and wrpgs and they dont want to deliver on anything.

Graphics "sony hasnt proved anything"

Games "there weakest department"

Online "where the hell is home"

xmb "i need this bad for custom audio and in game messaging"

But i will say the ps3 should be and will be superior one day but probably not in 08 or 09. 

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
BengaBenga said:
eliasg said:

This.

It's the PS2s fault.

People expect that every JRPG needs to be on the system. I don't want to start a system war, and I love my Wii, but it's the same as Wii Fanboys. They fell that every game should be on their platform because they're in first place.

SO4 will probably be good but it is a little early to say one of the best JRPGs of the generation

I find less and less reason each day to purchase a PS3.

Seriously.

DMeisterJ said:

Seriously.

I agree.  I'm trying to tell myself not to want Versus.  It seems so stupid that its the only game I'll buy the system for.  I'm hoping that WKS and Heavy Rain really impress, then it will be easier to justify buying the system.

That said, if they sucked I could probably talk myself out of it altogether. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:

Seriously.

I agree.  I'm trying to tell myself not to want Versus.  It seems so stupid that its the only game I'll buy the system for.  I'm hoping that WKS and Heavy Rain really impress, then it will be easier to justify buying the system.

Don't kid yourself Starcraft.

You could talk yourself out of buying any Sony product, not just the PS3. 

But yeah, I do want to play MGS4 really bad, but I think I'm gonna hold out for another price drop, and something to impress me.

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:

Seriously.

I agree. I'm trying to tell myself not to want Versus. It seems so stupid that its the only game I'll buy the system for. I'm hoping that WKS and Heavy Rain really impress, then it will be easier to justify buying the system.

Im seriosuly thinking of getting a 360 but im not sure tho i keep hearing about rrod but its obviouse i may have to sell my ps3 and i hate the fact that i might have to because its a cool little machine but the 360 got the games and better ports from what i have seen.