By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 Japan --- First day sales

I agree that MGS4 has HUGE development cost, but I think the rumors of $75 million are probably wrong. Most people say that KZII is one of the most expensive developments ever and it's not even close to running that high. Original reports were that KZ2 was suppose to cost around $30 million but because of poor management could end up being even more than that (some predict double--but that's still just rumor). Most say it will end up as the most expensive game ever created dethroning Shenmue.

But I guess Konami is the only one that knows its cost at this point, so who knows?

Eitherway, MGS4 was expensive and it will take a lot of games to make a profit, even if Sony absorbed some of the cost (such as marketing $$$, etc.)

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

Well i as wii user was a bitte worried.
If now third party think wow megaultrabudget sold well in ps3 we must forgive decent budget in wii and more casual games for wii

Its obvious many people are going to eat crow n theres already Damage control...like ohhhh but they'll never break even and so on

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

DragonLord said:

I agree that MGS4 has HUGE development cost, but I think the rumors of $75 million are probably wrong. Most people say that KZII is one of the most expensive developments ever and it's not even close to running that high. Original reports were that KZ2 was suppose to cost around $30 million but because of poor management could end up being even more than that (some predict double--but that's still just rumor). Most say it will end up as the most expensive game ever created dethroning Shenmue.

But I guess Konami is the only one that knows its cost at this point, so who knows?

Eitherway, MGS4 was expensive and it will take a lot of games to make a profit, even if Sony absorbed some of the cost (such as marketing $$$, etc.)

FYI: GTA IV was $ 100 million, excluding advertising etc. Before that it was Shenmue at $ 75 million.

BengaBenga said:
DragonLord said:

FYI: GTA IV was $ 100 million.

Yeah, no way MGS4 cost $20-30 million. There were even reports of 200 people working on the game at the same time.

$20-30 million is the budget of your average PS360 game, not a mega production like MGS4.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Now all we need are booming hardware sales, a thing that worries me the most, because software apparently does sell well on the PS3.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

so we know for sure this real ? we already have nj5 hating on the game, so it must be true, where's tetres?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

good for PS3...

psrock said:
so we know for sure this real ? we already have nj5 hating on the game, so it must be true, where's tetres?

Sorry, where did I hate on the game? Proof needed.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
psrock said:

Sorry, where did I hate on the game? Proof needed.

sense the sarcasm, kid, anyway you always been there with us. Arent you just delighted?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)