By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 Japan --- First day sales

TheSource said:

Software should behave something like this:

420k-65k-35k-15k-8k-5k-2k

PS3 hw might do something like this:

35k-25k-15k-12k-9k

I don't think SW is gonna be a frontloaded as you have it, but it'll have a huge drop next week, yes. I'm not holding my breath but I'm hoping the HW can sustain about 15-20k because of some decent quality games being released in the next month and a half or so. 

Around the Network

Wow, it looks like hardcore is still alive and kicking and that is able to move an awful lot of money even on relatively small HW bases.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

TheSource said:

First day sales were higher than I expected looking at previous top preorder data vs. week one data.

MGS2 went from ~469k to 89k on a bigger userbase than PS3 has in week one to week two.

MGS3 went from ~498k to 115k on an even bigger base in week one to week two.

I'm thinking a disproportionately high number of the games sales will be day one, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it tops at 420k week one, even after a 300k opening simply because 420k is ~20% of the PS3 base in Japan.

Software should behave something like this:

420k-65k-35k-15k-8k-5k-2k

PS3 hw might do something like this:

35k-25k-15k-12k-9k

Well it seem source you are wrong again on MGS4 sales. PS3 is confirmed to sell at least 50k and MGS4 350k first day.