By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Connecting to MGS4 online Problem

I'm trying to connect online to play MGS4 online, the problem however is when i have to create that ID & password for the game itself (why? wtf?). That Konami web browser thing pops up and you have to scroll down & click the arrow to continue to register. However i get a pop-up saying you have to close that browser in order to continue. So i do that and the game & the system itself locks up. I've tried this 6 times, i've also tried saying no to the prompt and it reverts me back to the previous screen. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just launch day issues?

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Around the Network

No responses? No else is getting this problem? It's really frustrating that i can't get online

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Can you create an ID using a web browser on your PC? I believe that we were able to do it this way for the beta release.

Yeah, I read on another site that the registration site is being overwhelmed right now. So you might have to wait awhile. Most people here registered for the MGO Beta so they've already completed this process, I wasnt in the Beta but I completed my registration back then too.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

You mean I can't just play normally with my regular PSN screenname? I have to jump through a bunch of hoops?

Shite!

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
You mean I can't just play normally with my regular PSN screenname? I have to jump through a bunch of hoops?

Shite!

Exactly what I was thinking. Can someone explain this system to me? I don't plan on playing MGO for awhile. I want to finish the campaign first. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

i had the same problem

rocketpig said:
Dogs Rule said:

Shite!

Exactly what I was thinking. Can someone explain this system to me? I don't plan on playing MGO for awhile. I want to finish the campaign first.

You require two (yes, two) new IDs to fully play MGO. The first, your Gamer ID, lets you connect to MGO. Your second, your Konami ID, lets you buy extras directly from Konami.

The system sucks. I hate it. I use it because MGO is far more enjoyable than I expected, but I do not like it. They should use the PSN. If there was a petition, I'd sign it.

You sign up for both IDs at Konami's website, which is easier to do on a PC than on a PS3.

That's it in a nutshell.

That's bullshit. Sony should have nixed that bad idea right off the bat.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
That's bullshit. Sony should have nixed that bad idea right off the bat.

I completely agree.

While I'm here, I'll add that if anyone finds somewhere decent I can complain about this, I'll go join the queue.

Really, what's the point of a unified PSN ID if it isn't used?