By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ninty suing Nyko for the Wireless Nunchuk infrigment copyright

I actually own a Kama and I was shocked on how it was nearly indentical to the wired nunchuck both in appearance and functionality. Typically thrid party controllers stink because they can't use conpyrighted and patented parts and designs and are forced to make inferior knock-offs. So i wouldn't be surprised if Nyko knocked off protected stuff and maybe didn't realise it. (Or hoped Nintendo wouldn't.)

Around the Network

Am I the only one who wantss Ninty to win on this suit? If this became succesful them the suit for so called X-mote of 360 will be no problem for them, and even the Wii console rip offs except for the Vii. China have law copyright issues

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Apparently none of you know anything about trademark violations. A company is OBLIGATED to defend its trademarks and patents if they desire to keep them. I doubt Ninty is all that concerned about Nyko's infringement as a single point of reference, but Nintendo MUST defend their trademark or they lose the ability to do so in the future. By law, Ninty can't look the other way while certain companies violate their trademark and then decide at one point to start enforcing it on others. This is to protect the Nunchuck (and no doubt send a message concerning the Wiimote) that no-one can copy their design(s). This is pure and simple a method to protect the "innovation" of the nunchuck (and wiimote by inference).

If Nyko had approached Nintendo and "licensed" the right to make the wireless Nunchuck, Nintendo could easily have allowed it and still protected their intellectual property. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that is the route they go -- force them to license and pay back royalties -- then carry on.....

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

im thinking ninty will win

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Are they sueing for making third party controllers at all, or making ones that look too much like the first party ones?

One explanation would be that Nintendo are planning to make wireless nunchucks of their own, or just don't want their wireless ones to look bad. Still a pretty bad move, no matter what way you look at it.

Around the Network

^i think they might want to release there own wireless nunchuck

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Can we agree to never call them "Ninty" again? That's the gayest shit I've ever heard.

necrolust said:
Can we agree to never call them "Ninty" again? That's the gayest shit I've ever heard.

From a guy called Necro Lust

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

That's a good move be Nintendo.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

This just seems kind of weird to me, to sue a company that is making products that support your system. I could understand if it was a product for the competition, but really..