By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DOUCHE FIGHT! - David Jaffe attacks Laurent Fischer for 'geeks' comment

When an analyst, and exec, or even a PR guys sais something like this on a gaming website it usually means they had too much time on their hands or it's being minunderstood.

I'm hoping the latter but expecting retardation.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Since when is it a bad thing to be considered a geek?

=P

I can't believe how offended some people get from words.

makingmusic476 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DeguelloNWR said:
Oh. Well. OK. I guess.

I don't see why he needs to comment on an unconfirmed statement that may or may not have been spoken by a Nintendo Europe employee. I mean, that quote is really suspect, mainly through the use of "otaku."

And either way, what's Jaffe's goal here? To prove that even an idiotic forum fanboy can become a game developer? We already know that, look at John Romero!

He's still getting over having to apologize for flaming Miyamoto that time.

You're still not over that? Jaffe was asked a loaded question that basically implied that Miyamoto thought games involving cars and weapons were crap (more specifically, weapons ON cars). And his response was more comedic than insulting.

He apologized. If he was completely innocent, I doubt he woulda done that.

Anyway, Jaffe is, imo, a mediocre, over-rated developer as well, which is only one amongst the many reasons I hate the man. All you have to do is listen to him talk for 5 minutes IRL and you would hate him too, trust me. Jaffe just comes off like such an elitist douche, besides being an admitted Sony fanboy. You know how the gamestop guys talk to you? It's like that, except he doesn't try to hide his pretentiousness.

On the internet, it's easy to like the A-hole, because you don't exactly have to invest any time in hanging around him. However, IRL, he would be the guy that you had to keep parties secret from so he wouldn't show up and ruin it for everybody.

So love him, for all I care, but don't ask me to do the same.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Fischer apologizes.  Good move though it was really his only option.

I love Jaffe.

Creating God of War gave him an "A" in my book.

But what male developer that has a hit game doesn't come off as an elitist douche? (I mean Male, American, and fairly young).

CliffyB does it. Hell, even Jade Raymond comes off as an elitist douche, just cuz she's a female dev.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
I love Jaffe.

Creating God of War gave him an "A" in my book.

But what male developer that has a hit game doesn't come off as an elitist douche? (I mean Male, American, and fairly young).

CliffyB does it. Hell, even Jade Raymond comes off as an elitist douche, just cuz she's a female dev.

That's a good point, lol.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
makingmusic476 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DeguelloNWR said:
Oh. Well. OK. I guess.

I don't see why he needs to comment on an unconfirmed statement that may or may not have been spoken by a Nintendo Europe employee. I mean, that quote is really suspect, mainly through the use of "otaku."

And either way, what's Jaffe's goal here? To prove that even an idiotic forum fanboy can become a game developer? We already know that, look at John Romero!

He's still getting over having to apologize for flaming Miyamoto that time.

You're still not over that? Jaffe was asked a loaded question that basically implied that Miyamoto thought games involving cars and weapons were crap (more specifically, weapons ON cars). And his response was more comedic than insulting.

Anyway, Jaffe is, imo, a mediocre, over-rated developer as well, which is only one amongst the many reasons I hate the man. All you have to do is listen to him talk for 5 minutes IRL and you would hate him too, trust me. Jaffe just comes off like such an elitist douche, besides being an admitted Sony fanboy. You know how the gamestop guys talk to you? It's like that, except he doesn't try to hide his pretentiousness.

On the internet, it's easy to like the A-hole, because you don't exactly have to invest any time in hanging around him. However, IRL, he would be the guy that you had to keep parties secret from so he wouldn't show up and ruin it for everybody.

So love him, for all I care, but don't ask me to do the same.

I work at GameStop. >_>

And I didn't say love him, just don't freak out about everything he does, lol.  Like DMJ said, a guy makes a good game and he gets a little high on himself.  At least Jaffe is 100% honest 100% of the time.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Oh, bugger off. If you read the interview you know perfectly well what the context was and that there was nothing to apologize for. The interviewer asked a question deliberately crafted to provoke him (in a good-natured way) and Jaffe responded with a witty off-the-cuff remark. His "apology" consisted of him (very eloquently, I thought) expressing his frustration with message board nutballs for taking it entirely the wrong way and reiterating that he loves Miyamoto's games and respects him as a developer -- as he has always maintained.

Anyway, Jaffe is, imo, a mediocre, over-rated developer as well,

Your opinion indeed. As the man responsible for creating two of my favorite gaming franchises, I can only conclude that he's one of the best developers in the world.

All you have to do is listen to him talk for 5 minutes IRL and you would hate him too, trust me.

I've heard him talk extensively. In text I suppose he can seem a little grating, but when you hear him actually speak you realize he's an extremely intelligent, funny, and enthusiastic designer. What he doesn't have is the diplomatic persona most developers adopt during public relations -- with Jaffe, what you see is what you get. He's a regular guy, like anyone you'd go to the bar with.

MaximusOptimus said:
hehehehe people need to find a better use of their time.

This post would end the internet if everyone took it to heart.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks