By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DOUCHE FIGHT! - David Jaffe attacks Laurent Fischer for 'geeks' comment

http://gonintendo.com/?p=46120

Now look: I like Nintendo. And I LOVE old Nintendo. And both old and new Nintendo have brought SO MUCH to this industry that they SHOULD be proud and excited and even a little cocky when it comes to their amazing accomplishments. Anyone in our business should envy their ability to read, direct, and redirect the market. And to also- when they want to- make some world class, ground breaking games.

But this statement, especially coming from a marketing person, reeks of one of two things:

a- arrogance at a level that should make Nintendo- if this statement reflects the core of the company- very ashamed.
b- a marketing person who has no real clue about games and thinks she’s being cute and coy by dissing the ‘geeks’ cause she thinks the mainstream loves them now….if this is the case, she really needs someone to sit her down and explain to her which side her “expletive* toast has been buttered on for years and will eventually get back to being buttered on….

Other than Jaffe not realizing that Fischer is a guy, this is a good start to a douche fight. Will Laurent strike back? Will EDGE retract their paraphrasing? Or will both douchebags swell up and combust from being so full of themselves?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Of course Jaffe would call Fischer a woman, it's part of being a douche. But he's a funny and enjoyable douche. I happen to like him, if only for his development talent.

but laurent also sound like a females name.
he is right though they shouldnt have said that comment

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

hehehehe people need to find a better use of their time.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Well, if we want a douche fight, we gotta bring in that lady who was bad-mouthing Mass Effect. And then we gotta invite a whole bunch of other douchebags into the mix like that Jack Thompson guy and the dude who got My Brother & Me canceled.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Jaffe is calling someone else arrogant?

I'm shocked he almost got through the whole thing without swearing.

Still he ain't wrong.

SaviorX said:
Well, if we want a douche fight, we gotta bring in that lady who was bad-mouthing Mass Effect. And then we gotta invite a whole bunch of other douchebags into the mix like that Jack Thompson guy and the dude who got My Brother & Me canceled.

Wow, that guy reminds me of Ted Turner, who is also a douche and got SWAT Kats canceled. Damn douche.

And since we're talking about douches, we can't forget about doucheon - er, bruceongames. He's sure to be all over this, what with someone else doing the dirty work of calling Nintendo out. He's going to spin Jaffe's rant into something about Wii Doom.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

total douche fight.

OMG, SWAT Kats was the SHIZZZ. I still watch it on Boomerang every now and then. Why did TT get that show cancelled? Another show that I can't believe was forced to cancel (I heard it was forced into cancellation, but can't remember the circumstances), Invader ZIM!!!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

MontanaHatchet said:
Of course Jaffe would call Fischer a woman, it's part of being a douche. But he's a funny and enjoyable douche. I happen to like him, if only for his development talent.

God of Puzzle sucks imo, and you can check my sig for my feelings about the man, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.