By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DOUCHE FIGHT! - David Jaffe attacks Laurent Fischer for 'geeks' comment

Who is David Jaffe? And why is he desperate for attention?

Around the Network

For once i agree with him

DeguelloNWR said:
Who is David Jaffe? And why is he desperate for attention?

He created the Twisted Metal series and directed the first God of War.  He left Sony after the first GoW to form his own studio, Eat Sleep Play.  They've so far only made PSN titles like Calling All Cars and Twisted Metal Head On for the PSP, but Sony has signed them up for the next Twisted Metal on the ps3.  ESP is 2nd party, so far.

Oh. Well. OK. I guess.

I don't see why he needs to comment on an unconfirmed statement that may or may not have been spoken by a Nintendo Europe employee. I mean, that quote is really suspect, mainly through the use of "otaku."

And either way, what's Jaffe's goal here? To prove that even an idiotic forum fanboy can become a game developer? We already know that, look at John Romero!

DeguelloNWR said:
Oh. Well. OK. I guess.

I don't see why he needs to comment on an unconfirmed statement that may or may not have been spoken by a Nintendo Europe employee. I mean, that quote is really suspect, mainly through the use of "otaku."

And either way, what's Jaffe's goal here? To prove that even an idiotic forum fanboy can become a game developer? We already know that, look at John Romero!

He's still getting over having to apologize for flaming Miyamoto that time.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
DeguelloNWR said:
Oh. Well. OK. I guess.

He's still getting over having to apologize for flaming Miyamoto that time.

You're still not over that?  Jaffe was asked a loaded question that basically implied that Miyamoto thought games involving cars and weapons were crap (more specifically, weapons ON cars).  And his response was more comedic than insulting.

Cat fight. :)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Laurent apologized

http://gonintendo.com/?p=46174

“I have huge respect for those who, like me, share a common passion for Nintendo and want to make it clear that I would never use and I didn’t use this terminology in such a context or way to cause offense. I regret that this misunderstanding has created such offense and disappointment within the community.”

I'm disappointed. But then he didn't acually acknowledge Jaffe, so I'm no sure if he's just walking away, preparing a counter later on, or just saying from one douche to another: you're irrelevant.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Nintendo exec. apologizes for 'geeks and otaku' remark

Nintendo Europe's senior marketing director, Laurent Fischer, has apparently apologized for comments made earlier in the week, in which he said that the only people interested in a Wii hard drive would be "geeks and otaku." Fisher tells videogaming247 that he didn't mean to use those terms in a way to cause offense. He regrets any "misunderstanding" that was created by his comments within the community.

What say ye Nintendo legions, forgive Fisher or should his penance be more profound?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I still want to know what the actual quote was, but I have a funny feeling it will never see the digital light of day on the internet.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!