By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Madden press event is Sony-exclusive

EA Sports is serious about earning cred PS3 gamers. Their upcoming press event for the 20th Anniversary of Madden is an exclusively PlayStation affair. The final playable versions of this year's Madden will be present, and only the PS3 and PSP versions will be shown -- no love for the Xbox 360 or Wii.

This is an interesting change for the sports company, whose games ran at a slower framerate on PS3 than Xbox 360 last year. However, ever since former Microsoft-exec Peter Moore took over EA Sports, we've been seeing more emphasis on the PS3 versions of sports games. For example, the PS3 was the system of choice when demonstrating NCAA Football at a media event last month.

Link 

Around the Network

So, EA isn't showing the PS2 version? It'll probably be the best selling version on a Sony console, so I don't see why they wouldn't.

well they wanna get the sony fans into buying there game instead of 2k sports game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

tanker said:

EA Sports is serious about earning cred PS3 gamers. Their upcoming press event for the 20th Anniversary of Madden is an exclusively PlayStation affair. The final playable versions of this year's Madden will be present, and only the PS3 and PSP versions will be shown -- no love for the Xbox 360 or Wii.

This is an interesting change for the sports company, whose games ran at a slower framerate on PS3 than Xbox 360 last year. However, ever since former Microsoft-exec Peter Moore took over EA Sports, we've been seeing more emphasis on the PS3 versions of sports games. For example, the PS3 was the system of choice when demonstrating NCAA Football at a media event last month.

Link 

Maybe the guy is bitter that MS screwed him in some way?

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

This doesn't surprise me all that much. Given the sales disparity between the 360 and PS3 versions in 07 and 08 they're just trying to get more PS3 owners to buy it since they know a good amount of 306 owners already will.

Around the Network

Well ,at least its confirmed the game runs at 60fps on the PS3.

Diomedes1976 said:

Where was that confirmed?

I'm sure its true, but I haven't seen it confirmed. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Diomedes1976 said:

Where was that confirmed?

I'm sure its true, but I haven't seen it confirmed.

EA rep said so awhile back. Ill return with a link. And this topic has been posted already.... by me

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=29442

EDIT:

"GameTap: What about the PlayStation 3 version? Are we finally going to see a Madden that's equal on the 360 and PS3?

Phil Frazier: They are equal, and they're both running at 60 frames-per-second this year. An interesting thing to point out is not only are they both running at 60 fps, but we've also made a huge leap in terms of graphics. It was definitely a struggle. We had to go back and rebuild assets. We had to rebuild stadiums and players so they were a little more economical in terms of how much memory they took and how much space they took, but we finally found a way to get to 60 fps on both and the game looks better than ever. We're proud of that and I think our fans on PS3 this year should have no reason to feel disappointed. "

http://www.gametap.com/articles/gamefeatures/madden_nfl_09_interview-04252008

De85 said:
This doesn't surprise me all that much. Given the sales disparity between the 360 and PS3 versions in 07 and 08 they're just trying to get more PS3 owners to buy it since they know a good amount of 306 owners already will.

I agree, that's the biggest reason, 360 will automatically be the best selling version, so the ps3 version needs more attention to get higher sales.

brute said:
well they wanna get the sony fans into buying there game instead of 2k sports game

Wait, is there a 2k version of football this year!?!!!

Dude, let me tell you something, 2k6 or whatever the last 2k football game was, was LIGHTYEARS ahead of Madden, and only costs 20 bucks. Seriously, it is one of the best sports games I've ever played, and even though I like Madden, I'd spit on it to get a copy of another 2k licenses NFL game. The intracasies of passing were SO awesome, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.