By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ign reviews MGS4

wow a 10? I can't believe it

Edit: there's another thread like this...

Around the Network

"pointed out that it has been moving its way down to 9/10 overall ranking on gamerankings and reviews have been dragging it down pretty fast.  I'm hopefully that it will be Sony's first 9/10 exclusive, which is fantastic for the system and way, way overdue."

I wouldn't say reviews have dragged.  There were three random 8's thrown out there that seem quite out of place, especially after playing the game.  The lowest score outside of those 8's (stinking europeans) is a 9.5.

EDIT: hadn't seen the 1up or gamedaily reviews.  Still, reviews are astronomically high.

Score seems a bit inflated, reading that review, you can tell that Jeff haynes is an insanely devoted MGS fanboy. Kind of hard to review a game objectively that way, and that whole "10/10 = masterful does not mean a game is perfect" line they used after GTA4 was such a scapegoat, IGN lost alot of credibility with me after that. I think 9.8 would have been about right, but Haynes MGS love pushed it over the top.

(note: I'm not hating on haynes, he's actually one of the few IGN writers whose articles I actually like reading, but it was clear he is a mega fan of MGS and so it sort of lessens the impact of the 10, especially when he laments the fact that there's no 11/10)

pichu_pichu said:

wow a 10? I can't believe it

Edit: there's another thread like this...

i made it first,but its ok that one has the link,its better

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

GOTY

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX