By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone here disappointed in NPD's Wii Fit's sales?

super_etecoon said:
yushire said:
super_etecoon said:
yushire said:
I think Wii and Wii Fit needs to stockpile and increase shipments THIS WEEK, not only to counter MGS4 but to make Wii Fit have the same league as MKWii and SSBB

How could a brand new franchise (hyped or not) be expected to be in the same league as the two hottest franchises from the previous generation?

Correct me if I'm wrong, Yushire, but your modus operandi is to consistently invite negative discussion surrounding the Wii, its develeopment, and its sales. So I think the creation of this thread is a bit suspect.

Thats what Trestes said to me, I PM him saying it isnt, just to say this but my threads are worse than these before Im actually changed. Have you seen me making threads about negative remarks on the Wii lately? HELL NO, maybe the wiiware games are 100x better than 3rd party games thread but thats the truth. And yeah, you can hype a new game and make it the same league as old franchises its proven.

uh..woops....maybe I have you confused with someone else. 

But I still don't think we should expect similar numbers from WiiFit, not only because WiiFit is a new franchise, but also because they can fit 10-20 times more of Brawl and MKWii into a box to be shipped than they can of WiiFit.  Logistics plays a huge part in shipment numbers, as we have seen with the console itself.  

So do u mean Ninty was happy they sell 600,000 units in just a month? :/ Wii fans say so otherwise, even Malstrom made an article about Wii Fit and this game may destroy the core gamer world guess we're wrong...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Didn't read malstrom's article, but anyone who thought Wii Fit would suddenly signify the replacement of the core demographic may have placed a little too much stock in the product's importance.

Best case scenario: more fitness based titles are released, marketed directly at the new-ish demographic of Wii owners. And that means more copies of Wii Fit sold, unless Nintendo starts selling Balance Boards separately for $80 or less.

Most gamers aren't particularly obsessed with fitness in general. I'd venture to say that for most core gamers who were eagerly anticipating Wii Fit, the fitness game concept is a flash in the pan. They're not going to suddenly stop gaming and start spending all those hours exercising, be it video based or gym based instead.

Wait for next month, should have good second month sales.

Also, wait for the first FPS to have balance board support, then I (and presumably alot of Wii owners) will be all over Wii Fit

No. The Balance Board is like a console itself; if Nintendo can't make enough Wii consoles, how can you think they'd make enough peripherals?

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

So wait for E3 for Ninty to cook for us then. Im still disappointed though. I hope the next new game Ninty will show for E3 will have phenomenal results...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Wait the NPD numbers came out... where is the 700 page shitstorm where I can tell who did well depending on who's fanboys are complaing that NPD got it wrong and who's fanboys are instantly demanding Ioi change the numbers?

It's still a marketing failure.
It doesn't make sense to spend 30 million$ for the launch of a product that you are not able to stock.

It would have made more sense to spend less $ on marketing at launch and spend some later when Nintendo was able to stock retailers....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Hah, ah their the crazy NPD thread is. This will eb fun.

I thought the game would hit 1 million 1st month as well, but Wii Fit like stated above is not a frontloaded game. The legs it will have are what's going to carry it along the entire generation and make Nintendo lots of money during the holidays.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Ail said:
It's still a marketing failure.
It doesn't make sense to spend 30 million$ for the launch of a product that you are not able to stock.

It would have made more sense to spend less $ on marketing at launch and spend some later when Nintendo was able to stock retailers....

We won't be able to determine if Wii-Fit is a failure or not, from a marketing standpoint until this time next year.

It's certainly very convenient for PS3 fanboys to judge it based on upfront sales though.

I have a feeling that, in a year, you would be laughed at for calling anything to do with Wii-Fit a "failure."

However, if your goal is the short money ridicule, then more power too ya.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.