By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone here disappointed in NPD's Wii Fit's sales?

Someone want to link me to a Nintendo rep saying $30M was spent? I just recall Sideshow Pachter saying that.

Obviously Nintendo messed up the stock situation yet again... It's always an adventure with Nintendo and stock. But Wii Fit could have many, many months in the NPD top 5, selling 200, 300 or 400K units.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

Only disappointed if people can actually find units on the shelves.

If its supply constrained, then... whatever. Nintendo know what they are doing.

I just hope they have a DIFFERENT factory making WiiFit, than it making the Wii units themselves. It also seems like something fairly simple to ramp up production for - it will be huge over the holidays.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Its not getting better for Wii Fit in June BTW, according to vgchartz it only sell in sub 100,000 weekly. Unless they want to stockpile it for the holiday season.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg