By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo buy third party support?

A few days ago, I was talking with a buddy of mine who said that since nintendo is making lots of profit, they should buy a cople of exclusives. He said that this should help the console, and i said that he was crazy, for Nintendo could actually use that money to make better games for its franchise. Nintendo does not need to buy games from third party! third party publishers are the ones that actually spend time and esources for the companies in which thet think they are gona make some profit out of it. what do you think? 

not a fan but a gamer

Around the Network

Nintendo isn't one to buy up many developers but they've already bought a couple of exclusives so there might be a couple of others in the works to keep some fresh ideas coming in.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Buying third parties is something every company does... Nintendo's no different...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Honestly, seeing how the Wii is always on top of the charts in all 3 major markets, I don´t think Nintendo really gives a fuck about the quality of 3rd party titles on their console.

No just make more nintendo games. I don't care for half the shit third parties make. Nintendo doesn't need 3rd party like Sony and Microsoft do.

Around the Network

Nintendo really doesn't need to or care to, they have an awesome dev kit (first party dev), and frankly, third party support has never really been that big an influence on Nintendo's profitability

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
sc94597 said:
No just make more nintendo games. I don't care for have the shit third parties make. Nintendo doesn't need 3rd party like Sony and Microsoft do.

I agree 100%

not a fan but a gamer

They don't need to.

1. 1st party Nintendo games are all AAA.
2. The Wii and DS are by far the dominate consoles. The userbases alone push 3rd parties to make games for them.

superchunk said:
They don't need to.

1. 1st party Nintendo games are all AAA.
2. The Wii and DS are by far the dominate consoles. The userbases alone push 3rd parties to make games for them.

I'm sorry but not evreting that nintendo does is AAA, what about mario party?

not a fan but a gamer

Buying third parties is something companies use to boost themselves in the market-place. Do you think Nintendo need any boosting right now?