By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo buy third party support?

Hawkeye said:
If I were Nintendo, I would save 50% of the money as a war chest, use 5% to increase production, 5% as a pay increase, and 40% to open new stuidoes and recruit very talented people. They need a stuido that works on FPSes and another that works on RPGs...

common don't tell me that everyting that Nintendo releses is AAA, no one is that perfect!!

not a fan but a gamer

Around the Network

The reason the PS2 won last "gen" was because it had the most support. Nintendo doesn't have to buy any studio, but it would be good if they did. It's not like they have to keep constantly buying that many studios, since they may not "follow" Nintendo's method anyways.

I don't think Nintendo would be dumb enough to pay money for a studio when that would in turn hinder their development of their other projects. It's not like Nintendo can't afford things though. They've been making profit every year since 1981 as far as I know. Even before that they were probably cakin'.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo should not only buy 3rd party support, they should also develop the games for them and pay for marketing and all the other stuff. That way, 3rd parties will make pure profit from their Wii games without doing anything and everyone will be happy.

LOL

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo should not only buy 3rd party support, they should also develop the games for them and pay for marketing and all the other stuff. That way, 3rd parties will make pure profit from their Wii games without doing anything and everyone will be happy.

I don't thing work that way, developer just want money for the stuff they make, and selling an exclusive ensure that they don't loose so much money, but why should nintendo gamble money exclusive that may or not work, if the developers want to develop for wii, let them do it, but nintendo should not pay for development. 

not a fan but a gamer

jhonip said:
RolStoppable said:

I don't thing work that way, developer just want money for the stuff they make, and selling an exclusive ensure that they don't loose so much money, but why should nintendo gamble money exclusive that may or not work, if the developers want to develop for wii, let them do it, but nintendo should not pay for development. 

Rol was being sarcastic. Every post of his usually has it.

Around the Network

The console manufacturers buy exclusives to the extent that they are unable to make their own. This perfectly explains why Microsoft does it more than Sony, and why Nintendo almost never does it.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

although, I would not mind some JRPG'S i AM ALREDY TIRED OF OF WAITING FOR TALES OF SYMPHONIA

not a fan but a gamer

Nintendo needs to purchase another developer that can develop AAA RPGs rather than buy some exclusive games. They already bought out Monolith Soft (Baten Kaitos developer) and it would be nice to have another RPG developer on board.

digitalcell said:
Nintendo needs to purchase another developer that can develop AAA RPGs rather than buy some exclusive games. They already bought out Monolith Soft (Baten Kaitos developer) and it would be nice to have another RPG developer on board.

R&D2 Intelligent Systems, Then camelot is exclusive to nintendo for now. Oh lets not for get Gamefreak-Pokemon, IRD did startropics. That is more than enough rpg developers. Who else do you want them to buy namco? or even square enix?

sc94597 said:

R&D2 Intelligent Systems, Then camelot is exclusive to nintendo for now. Oh lets not for get Gamefreak-Pokemon, IRD did startropics. That is more than enough rpg developers. Who else do you want them to buy namco? or even square enix?

The more RPG developers Nintendo has the greater chance they have in keeping the #1 position in Japan. Plus are any of those developers making Wii RPGs?