By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo buy third party support?

EITHER: Nintendo buys exclusives (1), or it doesn't (2)
1:
Nintendo has less money to make their own games, leading to fewer games and fewer potential marketable IPs created.
Nintendo needs a certain amount of that game to sell for it to be profitable for them
-- or --
2:
Nintendo gets to invest in new studios, IPs, games, random ideas, etc. with their money, where they have much greater control over quality, etc.
Any 3rd party game that sells is automatically profitable for Nintendo.

I know which I would choose, in their position...

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network

They should just buy Square Enix and the console war is over forever.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Nintendo Zealot said:

Update: Nintendo and Square kiss and make up. /end console war

i think they should buy,just like microsoft and sony,but i dont think they will

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

tehsage said:
Nintendo Zealot said:

Update: Nintendo and Square kiss and make up. /end console war

They already have, but they aren't monogamous. Sony is pissed off at square, but squares trying to please sony XIII and Versus. 

Around the Network
brute said:
i think they should buy,just like microsoft and sony,but i dont think they will

Um sorry you said what? Buy microsot and sony? Nintendo has alot of money , but not enough to buy one of them. 

Well.............. looking how Nintendo has the leadership, it certainly doesn't need that.

Although it could be a good thing. It's always better prevent than giving medicine.

competitors flock to money, 3rd parties wont stand for Nintendo eating the whole cake.

Would be cool if nintendo force licensed them to their console again, then I'd laugh so hard, but that probably wont happen unless Nintendo is left to eat the whole cake of a userbase of 50 million next year...

I just realized that, if Wii is selling 5 million per 'AAA' game with 25 million.... ouch.... that's a lot of counting.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

If I were Nintendo, I would save 50% of the money as a war chest, use 5% to increase production, 5% as a pay increase, and 40% to open new stuidoes and recruit very talented people. They need a stuido that works on FPSes and another that works on RPGs...

jhonip said:
superchunk said:
They don't need to.

1. 1st party Nintendo games are all AAA.
2. The Wii and DS are by far the dominate consoles. The userbases alone push 3rd parties to make games for them.

I'm sorry but not evreting that nintendo does is AAA, what about mario party?

Developed by a subsidary of Konami, not by Nintendo.