By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official May NPD Thread (Data released 6/12 at ~6:30 PM EST)

Sqrl said:

I'm all-in, thats 2 forum meltdowns, a SDF explanation, and 2 Corporate PR spin pieces more to call.

Oh please.  That's like betting that the sun will rise tomorrow.  The question is what kind of SDF explanation?

There's the:

• "Sony Family" outsells Wii - probably won't be applicable
  • Wii still in a distant 2nd for last generation race - my personal choice
  • Some new explanation combining MGS4 launch, Sony telling people to wait and not buy PS3s right now and hundreds of thousands of customers not listening, Aurora Borealis, and lots of =) =) =)

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
largedarryl said:
I predict 5 anti-Wii articles and 10 death to gaming "I blame Wii Fit" articles to be published within 4 hours of NPD results.

I call your 10 death to gaming articles, and raise you with 3 anti-Wii articles.

I'm all-in, thats 2 forum meltdowns, a SDF explanation, and 2 Corporate PR spin pieces more to call.

Only two meltdowns!?

I'm thinking at least ten, with at least two bannings.  A beautiful SDF graph putting PSP/PS2/PS3 altogether and then separating Wii and DS (and still losing to the Wii!!! ).  

Some more on how Microsoft is slipping in America to the PS3 (in being close to it's sales), how GTA IV did nothing, and general chaos.

In short, a normal NPD thursday

RolStoppable said:
Hm, let's see:

The two teams that were struggling last time, also were struggling this time. Both sides had their up and downs for different reasons, but in the end the result is a draw. That means that both will have to up their game drastically next time in order to survive.

But the most likely scenario is still that Croatia and Germany qualify for the quarter finals.

Couldn't agree more!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

RolStoppable said:
Hm, let's see:

The two teams that were struggling last time, also were struggling this time. Both sides had their up and downs for different reasons, but in the end the result is a draw. That means that both will have to up their game drastically next time in order to survive.

But the most likely scenario is still that Croatia and Germany qualify for the quarter finals.

Now when you post, I'm immediately going to skip to the last sentence, to make sure I don't waste my time reading when you're most likely talking about Soccer.

I predict Dark Messiah of Might & Magic to rise from the ages and sell over a million units.

NWO is resurrected through a ritualistic celebration involving absurds amounts of cash and Might and Magic is reborn in 2009.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:

Now when you post, I'm immediately going to skip to the last sentence, to make sure I don't waste my time reading when you're most likely talking about Soccer.

When you post, I usually skip over your whole post to make sure that I don't waste my time reading your nonsense. It's called football, btw.

Rofl.

If you're going to skip over my whole post, how praytell will you respond to it?  

Also, I didn't know if it was soccer or football, since I though only Spanish countries called it football.  But I gues it's a European thing?  

Keep an eye on IGN forums...usually some kind of info gets posted before the release.

~70 minutes. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I predict NPD May will have rufly:

Wii: 710 K
X360: 240K
PS3: 220K

RolStoppable said:. It's called football, btw.
 Fail. It's called futebol because that's how brazillians call it.  

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

From Gaffy:

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.