By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Scarface Wii 8.5

I was thinking about getting Godfather, but maybe I'll pick this up instead. 

http://wii.ign.com/articles/794/794861p1.html

Scarface: The World is Yours was an impressive game on previous consoles, and it’s just as entertaining and immersive on Wii as ever before. IR control gives the game a more streamlined feel, and Wii owners that fit in the hardcore crowd will absolutely eat this one up, as it’s currently one of the deepest and most entertaining experiences on the system. And while the package is essentially GTA: Vice City with the Scarface license coated over it, we’ve actually had more fun exploring Miami than Vice City, as there’s more to do, better vehicle, weapon, and asset management, and nearly every hotspot from the movie is created brick for brick. When you explore Montana’s mansion, you’re in the mansion from the movie. When you head over to the beach-side club, the bartender recognizes you from the beginning of the first movie (the oh-so-famous “lizard tongue” scene, to be exact). Everything in Scarface fits with the movie, and while it suffers from the same open-world issues as GTA and the like – characters and items fade in, AI isn’t always the sharpest, and the world has a somewhat “unpolished” look to it – the control, immersion, and overall soul of the game is there. Scarface is a deep, engaging, mature title on Wii, and widely recommended to anyone who can handle its vulgar nature. Vice City, eat your heart out.

Around the Network

Get godfather anyway. you wont be dissapointed.

im glad ,and shocked, by the way that scarface recieved higher than an 8. and its refreshing to read that the controls werent tacked on and some effort was given into adding wii controls. i was on the fence about buying it but this has won me over

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

NO! get them both. Scarface is just plain fun. IR is a nice addition, but there are no motion controls. That is where the Godfather comes in. The motion controls are fantastic, and it is a fun game.

I would opt for Godfather first, because it is a different experience with motion controls. The sad thing about Scarface is that it took so long to come out but the only major upgrade is IR aiming, which is pretty sad.

Godfather sounds like the more rewarding experience...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Hmmm, seems like people think Godfather is better. I just found the Godfather movies boring while I like Scarface. But I guess you can't judge the game by the movie.

Around the Network

Right, and Scarface sounds like it will be good for a fun game and an interesting translation of the movie, but Godfather sounds like just a great game on its own.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

My housemate picked up Godfather (no chance to try it yet...), while I picked up Strikers. But I'll definitely consider Scarface when it comes out here - absolutely LOVED the movie (think its one of the best ever), and the game sounds awesome. I also have a mate who should love the game to death...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Well as far as movies goes it's no contest, Godfather destroys Scarface hands down. As far as the game is concerned however Scarface seems a little more interesting to me since it's closer to GTA.

I am broke so I won't be purchasing any video games fotr awhile.

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

I'm glad that Scarface turned out to be good and I've been eying The Godfather for a while but my gaming money this month is going to spent on Big Brain Academy, RE4, and the new DS puzzle game (name escapes me at the moment). Maybe when they hit the bargain bin I'll pick them up.