By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Scarface Wii 8.5

The Godfather is way better than Scarface.  There is so much stuff you can do with the Wiimote it's amazing.  It's also more unique, Scarface feels like a stripped-down GTA. 

Around the Network

Anyone else notice the higher scores for quote-on-quote "hardcore" games for the Wii?

Something is rotten in Denmark....

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

I picked this game up last night, played through the opening three segments but haven't gotten into the game proper yet.

The controls are different from the Godfather - not quite as immersive, but they make sense and the IR weapon aiming is still a leap above using an analog stick. Taunting with a flick of the nunchuk feels gimmicky in regular conversation, but feels right in the heat of battle.

Very impressed with the production values -- excellent voice cast, good script, nice 80's licensed soundtrack from a variety of genres, and some very nice performance animation in the cutscenes. Definitely a game that benefits from its multiplatform budget.

Gameplay is solid and fairly challenging in the opening segment following the optional combat tutorial -- the next few sections are more story-oriented, go here and talk to this person, learn the interface. Haven't gotten into the open sandbox missions yet, I think that's what happens next from where I'm at.

Enjoying it immensely so far, eager to get back to it this evening for a bit. It feels a lot like GTA: Vice City (set in Miami, so the landscape has similiar features and the map layout feels somewhat familiar) with the official Scarface license instead of generic equivalents. (In fact, Tony's mansion appears to be the inspiration for the mansion helicopter battle in GTA:VC.) That's not a bad thing.