By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rare hinting at a Viva Pinata Wii?

thekitchensink said:
ToastyJaguar said:
disolitude said:
May I propose a trade.

Viva Pinata to Wii...and Nintendo gives Rare rights to release Goldeneye on xbox live.

How is that a fair trade.

A modern IP for one released 2 generations ago that people see as godly and have been clamoring for a remake of?

a remake would be good.

Just having the old game on xbox live marketplace in exchange for VP. You must be mad.

Around the Network

Whoops. Got Bungie and Rare mixed up.

Yeah, not going to happen unless a Ninty game comes to the Xbox.

Buying Rare was one of the biggest mistakes Microsoft made in their entry to the market. By the time the deal was announced Rare was already (well) past their prime, and took far too long to produce far too few games which didn't live up to previous quality standards; as you can see this pattern has continued to this day being that Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo were announced before the Gamecube launched and were finally released on the XBox 360.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Microsoft sell Rare off because of how unimportant they are to the success of the XBox ...

ToastyJaguar said:
thekitchensink said:
ToastyJaguar said:
disolitude said:
May I propose a trade.

Viva Pinata to Wii...and Nintendo gives Rare rights to release Goldeneye on xbox live.

A modern IP for one released 2 generations ago that people see as godly and have been clamoring for a remake of?

a remake would be good.

Just having the old game on xbox live marketplace in exchange for VP. You must be mad.

Uhhhh, I'm mad even though we agree it would be a remake... right...

Anyway, of course it would be a remake--none of the XBLA games are ROMs, they all use the 360 hardware.  It would obviously have online play, and probably allow for more than 4 players in MP. 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Soriku said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Soriku said:
ToastyJaguar said:
lvader said:
ToastyJaguar said:
As long as Microsoft owns Rare then Viva Pinata will not go on the Wii.
It's only on the DS because it's not in direct competition with the 360.

Agreed, they wouldn't make software for the Apple Mac, oh wait... They have been doing that for years.

Can you seriously see Microsoft studios announcing at E3 they are going to make a VP for the Wii?

They may aswell make Rare a 3rd party studio if they do that. Would you allow your 1st party studio to make a game for a system other than your own if you were in charge of Nintendo?

If it's to make VP a much more popular franchise so when new VPs are on the 360 they'd sell well then yes.

I see where your coming from but we are going to have to agree to disagree because i just can't see VP on the Wii.

Trouble in Paradise is coming out very soon with no reason for a Wii game to boost it's sales, a DS game could do the job even better and Microsoft themselves want to tap into some of the Wii's casual userbase. It's going agaisnt everything Microsoft are trying to achieve.

Yeah, but after TIP they're likely going to release new VPs. It's just a way of gaining popularity. It's not like a VP on the Wii is going to lower 360 sales or anything lol.

1) Rare is 1st party and part of Microsoft game studios.   That should be enough to settle any doubt.

2) Wii is in more competition with the 360 than the DS is.   There are more DS's than Wii's so this is a better way to gain popularity. 

3)Microsoft wants to tap into Wii's casual userbase, hence the rumoured motion controller, which Viva Pinata TIP is rumored to utilize.  

That's 3 strikes against Viva Pinata going to the Wii.

Unless the Rare rep knows that they are being brought out by Nintendo in the near future...

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Rare talks Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise, and has an interesting reaction to a Wii question

A portion of a SPOnG interview with Gary Richards, lead designer, and Joe Humfrey, game engineer…

SPOnG: How do you feel the DS as a platform fits with Viva Piñata?

Gary Richards: I think bringing it to the DS is brilliant, because it gives the game a much broader audience. Especially the more casual people – the guys you see on the train or on the bus. It’s something you can play as you move.

SPOnG: I assumed that… So, we’ll never be seeing Viva Piñata on the Wii then?

Gary Richards: (Grins). I’m not saying.

Isn’t that a strange reaction? Just how badly does Microsoft want Viva Pinata to succeed?

Full interview here

---

Lol wow. A VP on the Wii would probably do well though.

A well made VP on Wii that is well advertised and has good connectivity would probably sell 2-3M, and I would imagine it would promote pocket paradise enough to make the DS game sell another 200K

thekitchensink said:
ToastyJaguar said:
thekitchensink said:
ToastyJaguar said:
disolitude said:
May I propose a trade.

a remake would be good.

Uhhhh, I'm mad even though we agree it would be a remake... right...

Anyway, of course it would be a remake--none of the XBLA games are ROMs, they all use the 360 hardware.  It would obviously have online play, and probably allow for more than 4 players in MP. 

Yeah but it wouldn't be a full game would it. How can you compare an Xbox live arcade game to a fully blown current gen game? 

I can see MS being pragmatic enough to outsource VP Wii to a 3rd party and make some money. I can't see how VP Wii would help Wii sales in any significant way or harm Xbox 360 sales.

lvader said:
I thought MS owns Rare, in any case MS are happy to coexist with Nintendo (wii360)

I think so to. Microsf's goal is to kill Playstation and become a multimidia ceter monopoly. If Nintendo keeps making game machines, thats fine with Microsft. I think Microsft wants a bigger share of the pie though. They know they can't win Japan this gen, so perhaps if they put their jpa friendly ips on the Wii this gen and pump JRPGs into 360, next gen they could yank all their ips back to the new xbox and get the japanses to buy it? Who knows what they are planning...

Viva on Wii would be cool, but it would make me less inclined to get a 360... 

Hawkeye said:
lvader said:
I thought MS owns Rare, in any case MS are happy to coexist with Nintendo (wii360)

I think so to. Microsf's goal is to kill Playstation and become a multimidia ceter monopoly. If Nintendo keeps making game machines, thats fine with Microsft. I think Microsft wants a bigger share of the pie though. They know they can't win Japan this gen, so perhaps if they put their jpa friendly ips on the Wii this gen and pump JRPGs into 360, next gen they could yank all their ips back to the new xbox and get the japanses to buy it? Who knows what they are planning...

Viva on Wii would be cool, but it would make me less inclined to get a 360... 

If you're happier then thats whats important isn't it?

Tease.