By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rare hinting at a Viva Pinata Wii?

I kinda see Microsoft giving the green-light for such a Wii project. They agreed on a DS-version, albeit that is a handheld, whilst Microsoft doesn't have one. So no competition with their own stuff.

Microsoft sees the Wii's fanbase as totally different then theirs. Thus, Microsoft doesn't feel threatened by the fact that it would draw away potential 360 buyers when they'd be bringing VP to the Wii. And, not trying to be rude here, but doesn't the Viva Pinãta franchise fit the 'overall' Wii-owner better?!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
Soriku said:
ToastyJaguar said:
As long as Microsoft owns Rare then Viva Pinata will not go on the Wii.
It's only on the DS because it's not in direct competition with the 360.

If Rare are hinting at a VP for the Wii then they must have consulted MS. Otherwise they probably would've said "We cannot confirm anything at this time." Notice how he grins and "I'm not saying that."

This would be a smart move. If they want VP to gain more popularity then they should put one out on the Wii as well. If that's successful, they should make a new 360 one and see how that does.

They are making a new 360 VP,Trouble in Paradise. Out this fall.

But yeah, i suppose Microsoft has said the they are not really competing with the Wii so it could happen but i think their 1st party studios will concentrate on bringing games to the Microsoft platforms.

I'm just going to go all out and say that Viva Pinata will never go on the Wii

Just how well would VP sell on the Wii? I suspect millions.... It would be a prudent move to release the first one on the Wii as they most certainly would make a bunch of money on it....

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

ToastyJaguar said:

Agreed, they wouldn't make software for the Apple Mac, oh wait... They have been doing that for years.

lvader said:
ToastyJaguar said:

Agreed, they wouldn't make software for the Apple Mac, oh wait... They have been doing that for years.

Can you seriously see Microsoft studios announcing at E3 they are going to make a VP for the Wii? 

They may aswell make Rare a 3rd party studio if they do that. Would you allow your 1st party studio to make a game for a system other than your own if you were in charge of Nintendo?

Around the Network

May I propose a trade.

Viva Pinata to Wii...and Nintendo gives Rare rights to release Goldeneye on xbox live.

disolitude said:
May I propose a trade.

Viva Pinata to Wii...and Nintendo gives Rare rights to release Goldeneye on xbox live.

How is that a fair trade.

A modern IP for one released 2 generations ago?

Viva Pinata coming to the Wii. Banjo on the Wii too? Maybe even a good Donkey Kong game on the Wii?

Soriku said:
ToastyJaguar said:
lvader said:
ToastyJaguar said:

Can you seriously see Microsoft studios announcing at E3 they are going to make a VP for the Wii?

They may aswell make Rare a 3rd party studio if they do that. Would you allow your 1st party studio to make a game for a system other than your own if you were in charge of Nintendo?

If it's to make VP a much more popular franchise so when new VPs are on the 360 they'd sell well then yes.

I see where your coming from but we are going to have to agree to disagree because i just can't see VP on the Wii.

Trouble in Paradise is coming out very soon with no reason for a Wii game to boost it's sales, a DS game could do the job even better and Microsoft themselves want to tap into some of the Wii's casual userbase. It's going agaisnt everything Microsoft are trying to achieve.

ToastyJaguar said:
disolitude said:
May I propose a trade.

How is that a fair trade.

A modern IP for one released 2 generations ago that people see as godly and have been clamoring for a remake of?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."