By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: PS3 to outsell 360 every month in USA starting today.

I predict Nintendo will continue to outsell both.

Around the Network

So the conclusion is that the best Sony can hope for is to keep slightly beating the 360, unless the 360 gets its long due price cut.

If we state it that way I agree, although I don't think this best case will happen. The MGS4 effect will quickly wear off, and then it's back to business as usual.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I think I agree with the OP in theory. If there was no X factor, the PS3 should edge out the 360 from now on, in NPD after this month.

However, I highly doubt that will happen, as a price-cut or supply shortage or something should mess up the PS3's momentum for at least one month in the US this year.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I still say the 80GB that has come back with BC will result in a more sustained spike than MGS4 could've pulled of

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

THe 80Gb MGSIV bundle is substituting the Motorstorm one ,so its here to stay.

Considering the PS3 has beat the 360 for two months this year and the have been neck and neck the two other months then I consider its a distinct possibility that PS3 outsells the 360 from now on.

And if 360 drops the price .....Sony will do the same.

Around the Network

It's possible, but Wii still wins overall once PS3 goes back to more normal levels. And that's basically still cause of the fact that the Wii is nowhere to be found in most places. :x

Than again, the real big titles come in September, so it could be that the 360 will loose terrain on PS3 but not that much. If they wanted that, they had to release real killer games during the summer too.

Gears 2, well I'm not thinking it's a hardware seller. It's more likely that it will please the people that enjoyed Halo and the first Gears. It's merely the fact that Sony has still so many users to win for themselves that they could reach a larger audience with their releaselist for the end of this year. But that's mainly because so many people have a Wii or 360 allready. I wish for a huge pricedrop (at least 100 dollar/euros) at the start of October, when LBP comes. Probably MS will follow, but the larger each consoles userbase gets, the better. :)

Lookie, lookie a NPD cookie. My guess doesn't seem so farfetched for the upcoming months. (chuckle)

didn't it outself 360 almost every month this year except one?

It's really not a "bold" prediction, just a prediction that's really needless.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

yeah i agree

Does it really matter? =))
MGS4 will prove, that GREAT games sell GREAT on PS3. =)
Developers will be more CONFIDENT in PS3 and wil release MORE GREAT exclusive games.
The DOMINATION begins. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far