By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will the PS3 outsell the Xbox 360 by next week?

i think it will outsell it by 50k

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

i'm a big mgs fan, but the expectation is quite high for this game. A lot of you will be disappointed by the sales, the hardware push and overall hype of this game.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

i don't have a clue, all depends if this game will drop off fast or slow.
no. mgs4 is a big game, but wii is on a rampage right now.

I really don't see how people think MGS4 will make the PS3 outsell the Wii, even for a week. After all, the 360 and PS3 boosts put together for GTAIV were still easily trounced by Wii, and GTA is a much, MUCH bigger game, saleswise, than MGS. Without a matching release like Mario Kart this time, Wii may not DOUBLE PS3's sales, but it won't be outsold.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
I really don't see how people think MGS4 will make the PS3 outsell the Wii, even for a week. After all, the 360 and PS3 boosts put together for GTAIV were still easily trounced by Wii, and GTA is a much, MUCH bigger game, saleswise, than MGS. Without a matching release like Mario Kart this time, Wii may not DOUBLE PS3's sales, but it won't be outsold.
The title is seen as the (eighteenth) first AAA title on the PS3 thats exclusive.  As such, many PS fans that still believe the PS3 will come out on top this generation have to believe the title will push the PS3's sales beyond reasonable expectations.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I'd say 1) 80-100K WW
2) 30-40K at most
3) No chance

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

80-120K

starcraft said:
The title is seen as the (eighteenth) first AAA title on the PS3 thats exclusive.  As such, many PS fans that still believe the PS3 will come out on top this generation have to believe the title will push the PS3's sales beyond reasonable expectations.

in all fairness, the term "aaa" is becoming more and more subjective these days. uncharted is the best game i have played this generation so far, and while i play halo 3 virtually every night, i still think both games go the wrong status.

1.Im going to go out on a limb here and it will outsale it by only about 20k if that =)

2.IDK what u mean

3.Nope

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Everstar said:
1.Im going to go out on a limb here and it will outsale it by only about 20k if that =)

2.IDK what u mean

3.Nope

i didnt really get the second qustion to,can you explain starcraft

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"