By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will the PS3 outsell the Xbox 360 by next week?

Towards the beginning of the year we saw Sony fans pointing to the 25-30k gap in weekly sales (PS3>360) to justify arguments that the PS3 would catch the 360 by as early as the end of this year in total sales. This claim increased in intensity for the brief period where the PS3 was outselling the Xbox 360 by 50-60k week-on-week.

Once Japan sales are in, we will see that the PS3 has only outsold the Xbox 360 by 10k this week worldwide.

Though the PS3 has had several titles touted as its big AAA title that was going to establish its domination, all these titles have since been decried as being minor exclusives due to their failure to bring about said domination.

With MGS4, all hopes of pretence disappear. It is a long-time Sony-assosciated high-profile title whos predeccessors have all sold over 5 million copies and were popular in all regions. It truly is put-up or shut-up time.

So I have three questions for you:

- How much will the PS3 outsell the Xbox 360 by WW next week?

- How much will the PS3 outsell the Xbox 360 by one month from next week? (Edit:  I mean for that one week)

- Will the PS3 sell more than the Wii next month?

I will post my answers shortly.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

the ps3 will outsell the x360 by at least 300k MGS4 week

@ Rol

Your numbers pretty much gel with my thoughts. I see the Xbox 360 dropping another 15k next week and the Ps3 beating it by 100k. I agree that the difference won't prove meaningful over the medium term. The title is the definition of hardcore. You buy a PS3 for it soon or you don't buy one for it at all.

I say:

1. 50k
2. 20k

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

yes the ps3 will outsell wii aswell next week,

In a months time the ps3 will still be ouselling the x360 by at least 70 assuming the x360 is still selling at least 130k a week

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
I say:

1. 50k
2. 20k

I think thats kind of low, more like 100k, and 300k for the month

Seriously we ALL know why sales were low in NA last week......people aren't going to go out n buy a PS3 n MGS4 when they can save money the week after with bundles....
____

anyways:

1. 100K

2. I don't understand....doy ou mean the WHOLE month or the same week a month later

If its the whole month -- 500K

If its the same week - 40K

3. Yeah and Halo 4 will flop in NA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

.Geenie. said:
yes the ps3 will outsell wii aswell next week,

In a months time the ps3 will still be ouselling the x360 by at least 70 assuming the x360 is still selling at least 130k a week

Why do you have such high expectation?

Double 360 sales next week.

And in a month, 50-70k weekly.

darthdevidem01 said:
Seriously we ALL know why sales were low in NA last week......people aren't going to go out n buy a PS3 n MGS4 when they can save money the week after with bundles....
____

anyways:

1. 100K

2. I don't understand....doy ou mean the WHOLE month or the same week a month later

If its the whole month -- 500K

If its the same week - 40K

3. Yeah and Halo 4 will flop in NA

I mean for the one week a month from next weeks numbers.

So you seriously think the Wii will be outsold by the PS3 next week?