By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Finally getting a DS

There have probably been 1,000 threads with the same title, but I made it anyway because it's time for me to enter the hand-held gaming world.

I've never been too keen on hand-helds, especially with the GBC/GBA since they required batteries and weren't back lit. Also I didn't think there were enough good games. Now, however, the DS has attracted my attention for a long time. I actually almost bought one in December 2004, but I decided it didn't have enough games and instead bought Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime 2 and saved the rest for Resident Evil 4.

So, I'm buying one tomorrow and will be getting Phantom Hourglass and My Word Coach. I'm not sure what other game I'll buy. I was thinking The World Ends With You or another good RPG. But I'll be willing to buy any good games. NSMB, Professor Layton, Advanced Wars, Castlevania...AAgh! So many games.

Anyway, I don't want this to be just you telling me what game I should get. I want to know when you got a DS and what games motivated you to buy it. Do you think the DS has peaked both in software quality and hardware sales?

Thanks

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

Congratz, I could recommend alot of games, but I don't feel like it right now.

I believe the ds has alot more to go in both hardware sales and software quality. The ds only just got this big support last year, and it seems to be getting better and better and as the userbase grows so does it's support. It might lose some to consoles like the wii, but most of the support will stay and grow until it;s successor comes. Then it will still sell, but won't have too much of the support it use to have.

Pokemon Pearl, TWEWY, Mario&Luigi: Partners in time, Mario Kart DS, Jump Ultimate Stars(Import it), Elite Beat Agents, New Super Mario Bros.
I bought a DS Phat in Late 2006 and was bundled with Mario Kart DS, and the better is coming in software(DQIX, Pokemon platinum, Sonic Chronicles, etc).

@Sc
Well, I guess the DS can still get great games later on because many great games in consoles have come late in their lifetime, as that's when developers really 'get' the console. Should be the same for the DS.

I still can't shake off the feeling that Nintendo is done with the DS and has shifted its focus on Wii. Third parties, time to step it up!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

well good,its a very good hand-held without of great games,o many too choose from

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Hyperion said:
@Sc
Well, I guess the DS can still get great games later on because many great games in consoles have come late in their lifetime, as that's when developers really 'get' the console. Should be the same for the DS.

I still can't shake off the feeling that Nintendo is done with the DS and has shifted its focus on Wii. Third parties, time to step it up!

Nintendo will most likely do the same for the wii. They will give it tons of support inthe beginning then let 3rd parties have it. The 3rd parties actually took this as a chance to step up for the ds. Most of the 3rd parties who believed they couldn't compete with nintendo are moving to the ds and should do the same for the wii. This is why  we've seen have of nintendo's ips released on the wii already, and the nexc half should last another year and a half and then 3rd parties will take it from there.

Hyperion said:
@Sc

well they released all there big games on DS now its time to release em on wii,im pretty sure they will still support the DS

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I got a DS in 2006. I got it because I loved the GBC and GBA. It also had pokemon games and FF3 was coming out for it which I really wanted to get.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

I got a DS for Pokemon D/P.Then sold it shortly afterwards.

I'm pretty sure I got my DS day 1 (or somewhere close to) then switched to a lite once I got sick of trading mine in for a new one >.> stupid L button/no screen protector. Anyway, get Elite Beat Agents like Manuelf said, also get Ouendan and Ouendan 2 if you like EBA (import 'em) Also, Yoshi's Island DS, Kirby Canvas Curve, and Kirby Squeak Squad are excellent additions. Oh yeah, Rune Factory too^^

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1