By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The official "I am excited to be a X360 owner and enjoy RPGs" Thread

@ MrStick a great list of RPG's. I would like it if you categorised them in JRPG and WRPG.

Around the Network

I'm not a 360 owner, but I'm quite sure that the recent announcements persuaded me to go 360 over PS3.
Microsoft did an amazing job securing all these great titles. Very well done!

Wow, I was pretty surprised at how quickly they had promotional materials up for the recently announced RPG fest on the 360 when I walked into this Electronics/Game store. Didn't they just have the PR stuff/announcements yesterday? I'm pretty sure all of this stuff about the RPGs wasn't on the 360 display when I went to the store a few days ago. Good stuff, hopefully this convinces more people to buy 360's, hehe. :D

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/misc/NEC_0012.jpg

first picture, Last Remnant Trailer playing on the tv and ToV posters hanging.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/misc/NEC_0013-1.jpg

2nd picture, information/pictures about Last Remnant, SO4, ToV and IU. 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I am not, but I will soon, getting Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect for my RPGs (and some others)

• Culdcept Saga - February 5th Never heard of it
  • Lost Odyssey - February 12th Getting
  • Penny Arcade Adventures: EP1 - May 21st Not really heard of it
  • Opertion: Darkness - June 24th
  • Spectral Force 3 - July 29th
  • Tales of Verspria - August 2nd Not coming out until 2009 in Europe
  • Too Human - August 19th Looks quite interesting though combat seems simplistic
  • Infinite Undiscovery - September Looks very nice
  • Sacred 2 - September
  • Two Worlds: The Temptation - November
  • Fallout 3 - Fall i am one of the few who did not like oblivion and I am not getting this either
  • Fable 2 - Fall I am interested,though I have barely played any wRPGs before
  • The Last Remnant - Winter I want to know how the battle system works before I decide
  • Star Ocean 4 - 2009 Yes! I am playing SO 3 at the moment and loving it

Munkeh111 said:
  • Penny Arcade Adventures: EP1 - May 21st Not really heard of it XBLA Game
  • Tales of Verspria - August 2nd Not coming out until 2009 in Europe I hope it's region free like Lost Odyssey was, so I can import it from the US

Around the Network

I saw this picture on kotaku and thought it was cool, lol.

Yeah, man, I'll tell you, I'm SUPER glad I got a 360, cause if I had just had my PS3 I would be pretty upset about the timed exclusive thing. Instead, I'm only upset that I spent so much money on my PS3. Shoulda waited. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I like the look of that bundle

I like how that bundle has a faceplate. Do most bundles like that come with faceplates?!?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

smbu2000 said:

Wow, I was pretty surprised at how quickly they had promotional materials up for the recently announced RPG fest on the 360 when I walked into this Electronics/Game store. Didn't they just have the PR stuff/announcements yesterday? I'm pretty sure all of this stuff about the RPGs wasn't on the 360 display when I went to the store a few days ago. Good stuff, hopefully this convinces more people to buy 360's, hehe. :D

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/misc/NEC_0012.jpg

first picture, Last Remnant Trailer playing on the tv and ToV posters hanging.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/misc/NEC_0013-1.jpg

2nd picture, information/pictures about Last Remnant, SO4, ToV and IU.

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

quarashi said:
I like how that bundle has a faceplate. Do most bundles like that come with faceplates?!?

The Eternal Sonata bundle came with a faceplate (and an ES clock). The special limited edition Blue Dragon bundle (for the first 20K or so I think) came with a BD faceplate and small BD figurines of the characters.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"