By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What should I get....

tehsage said:

I just got Metroid Prime 2 via Ebay but I'm not gonna play it until I get the first one. Was the first one good? Or do I even need to play the first one to understand/enjoy the second?

The first game is as good as Super Mario 64 was on the first day of its releae in terms of innovation and level design. Grpahically, it was not superseded on the Gamecube except by MP2, and the music/sound is great. The gameplay is the only FPS I've ever felt natural with, and yet the Super Metroid sense of exploration and reward is perfect. It's my favourite game ever, and I only buy Nintendo games.

Since Metroid games are story-light, no, you do not need to have played the first one to understand it. MP2 is more of the same, but as it isn't "new", it feels more repetitive (only compared to Metroid Prime - it's still a masterpiece)but the graphics and engine recieve slight upgrades from MP.I would say you should play the first one first to experience the shiny newness, rather than to understand the second better.

Around the Network

Zdub, NMH

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

SUper Mario galaxy

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Why a classic controller?

You can just use the GC controller.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Eternal Darkness,
bought it for only $20 and its worth it :)

Around the Network

Luigis mansion!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

tehsage said:

I just got Metroid Prime 2 via Ebay but I'm not gonna play it until I get the first one. Was the first one good? Or do I even need to play the first one to understand/enjoy the second?

Two isn't as good in my opinion, although I'm hard pressed to explain why, to be honest. I will give it this, though: its boss fights are easily the best in the series (Metroid, not just the Primes). 

As for your original question, you can stretch your dollar furthest by getting Zak and Wiki ($20, Point-and-click...Puzzle Game?), Baten Kaitos Origin ($20-$30, long RPG), Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door ($20, get it no matter what), and Okami ($40, Long Zelda-esque game). Alternatively, you can get a bunch of Wii Points, and buy some of the myriad of Virtual Console games out there. You might also enjoy Lost Winds ($10), although it's a tad short, and I didn't like it as much as most others.  

Wiifit or SSBB.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Tell us what do you own.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

No More Heroes.