By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the support of Sqaure-Enix have major impact on the 360userbase in JP?

sc94597 said:
Dno said:
@ Legend
not one of those games will sell more then 200k lifetime in japan. each can sell almost a mil n ps3.

After this run fails there will be no more JRPGS to fund lol.
Sorry, but you believe that it will have an attach rate of  around 50%? Um sorry, but the ps3 isn;t selling too well in japan either.

but its got 3 TIMES the install base of the 360 and its selling 3 TIMES more a week. and 360s been out for how long? 2-3 years now.... please this will not change anything but ps3 getting these games a little later.

Around the Network

I love MS for their efforts in extending their library and reaching out to the japanese player base as well as the rpg base around the world, but I doubt there's anything that will get Japan to buy the 360.

FFXIII could go exclusively 360, and we'd see like a 10k bump. Until Microsoft releases the ultimate "super tiny Hello Kitty ultimate Xbox 360 edition", I don't think they'll touch it.

Small + cute + trendy = sales in japan. Xbox is large, uncute, and very untrendy there :(

Sansui said:
I love MS for their efforts in extending their library and reaching out to the japanese player base as well as the rpg base around the world, but I doubt there's anything that will get Japan to buy the 360.

FFXIII could go exclusively 360, and we'd see like a 10k bump. Until Microsoft releases the ultimate "super tiny Hello Kitty ultimate Xbox 360 edition", I don't think they'll touch it.

Small + cute + trendy = sales in japan. Xbox is large, uncute, and very untrendy there :(

LOL, nice post.

i think the xbox 360 will do alot better in japan with the steady flow of rpg's this fall and winter. also lost odyssey has sold around 700k and blue dragon around 500k , thats very good for a console that is known for fps and not rpg's, so that makes them a huge success. and lost odyssey will break 1 million either by dec or early 09. and i would rather have these great rpg's this year and mid next year for the xbox 360, then hoping and praying that they come to the ps3 like a year or so down the road, if they come at all. and with nothing new to make it worth while to buy the game again on a different system. for ppl who think a steady lineup of good to great rpg's in japan this fall/winter wont make a good healthy bump in sales in blind.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

mrstickball said:
It will certainly help. But it's not going to allow the 360 to somehow become majorly competitive in Japan.

However, it makes me a very happy gamer, as I'm getting even more RPGs for my 360.

I agree. It also makes for some very angry gamers, if you know what I mean.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

@ Dno

You're just bitter because the X360 is the RPG-king.

Playstation was the Behemoth in last gen, but with only 13 million units sold this gen I'd call PS3 a dwarf.

Exlusive JRPG-like game on the PS3:
FolksSoul - 250,000 copies WW.

Exclusive JRPGs on the X360:
Eternal Sonata - 300,000 copies.
Blue Dragon - 500,000 copies.
Lost Odyssey - 750,000 copies.

So the X360 is also the JRPG software-king.

short term. unless that lineup includes FFXIII exclusive...which it won't.

The Japanese are too nationalistic to buy anything not made in Japan. They threw a fit when they found out that most chopsticks are made in the US, but hey... we have a lot more trees.

So the answer is, it will have some impact (some Japanese have purchased the 360 after all), but it will take a generation or two of Japanese to get over the "not built here" syndrome to the point where any American product can really compete.

if SE puts its bigger games on 360 then it will have a big impact,otherwise these will only help like blue dragon did

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Folklore is not JRPG-like. It barely has any RPG elements at all. Maybe character design and a semi-ish fantasy story, but that is about as close to an RPG as it comes.

But regardless, Sony SUCKS at delivering JRPG's (the only one is the port Enchanted Arms if you want to call that piece a game) this year so I've finally said screw it and have decided I'm just going to the Darkside and buying them on the 360. I'm sick of waiting on Sony to get their butts in gear.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450