By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5

09 for sure.

It will also end up being one of the most expensive to make games on PS3.

But... probably make up for it in sales... since it will be one of PS3's best selling games.

Really depends on how many cars they put in.

I mean think of it this way. They say it takes 1 graphic designer 6 months to do 1 car.

If they do about 700 cars... that's 350 years worth of pay.

What does a graphical designer make per year?

If each one made 10,000 a year.  Just over what would be consdiered the poverty line in the US that would be 3.5 million dollars spent on graphics alone.  For just the cars.  Not counting any other graphics.

I'd guess they get paid more then that. 

Around the Network

this games should be great, i just wish sony would just hurry up and get these games out the door, instead of saying we have this many games in development

It is set for Summer 2009, I can't wait! This will be the first full GT game that I get, mostly because I enjoyed Prologue so much

ZenfoldorVGI said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
the full GT5 is tentatively scheduled for an autumn 2008 release, if GT5P and GT3/4 sales are anything to go buy, it will sell at least 5m quickly, maybe more, it should also be a big boost to PS3 sales. GT5 will also have the best graphics of any driving game this gen, so what does everyone else think of GT5!

I think that until it has some freakin' damage modeling, it is dead to me.

damage update with new features is out later on this year for prologue, gt5 full game is out next year which will have far more tracks and cars and will surely include damage as prologue would have had before it.

it may be dead to you, but i predict absolutly huge sales for gt5, i predict gt5 will go on to sell 10million copies and should be one of the greatest driving games ever made.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Spam, sorry.

right, cause threads about video games on a video games forum are allways spam. (im being sarcastic, just so you know)

Around the Network

God I am tired of talking about GT5. Ever since the PS3 came out it was probably the only game I will preorder and pick up on the first day. Prologue was a kick in the nuts to me. $40 sampler of the completed game. Fuck you Polyphony! Fuck you in the ear! I'll buy GT5 but I'm not paying $100 to play it in increasing increments of completion.

I give this thread a 9.6.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

why does everyone always assume that the next ps3 game is going to boost hardware sales? i'll never buy a console just because one great game is coming out for it. it would have to be numerous great games.
Though i am looking forward to this game i doubt it will come out this year.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

nextgreatchamp said:
why does everyone always assume that the next ps3 game is going to boost hardware sales? i'll never buy a console just because one great game is coming out for it. it would have to be numerous great games.

While most Sony fanboys have been very quick to call every game a system seller, the GT franchise does actually qualify.  It has a large audience and has been great at showing off the capabilities of a system.  It is one of those very, very few franchises that qualifies.

I give that post a 9.7.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

PS360ForTheWin said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Spam, sorry.

right, cause threads about video games on a video games forum are allways spam. (im being sarcastic, just so you know)

He was calling his own post spam since he was onlytrying to correct an html image in the title thread that f'ed up our recent post column.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

nextgreatchamp said:

Gran Turismo is like Madden.

There are tons of people who bought PS2's only for Gran Turismo... they buy that and a good wheel, and that's about all they buy all generation.

It's about as much a "System seller" as you'll get IMO.