By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo GameCube > Wii

Well, after putting up with the bullshit known as Wii for the past year and a half or so, I finally decided to call it quits and go back to the Nintendo GameCube.

Let's see how I got to this point.

Back in 2005, I was completely stoked about the Revolution that was until, the controller was revealed. Then I found out it was motion-sensitive and I am like SAH-WEET!!! So a few more months passed and the first Revolution screens were shown of "Red Steel". I am all like "DAMN! I WANT THIS NOW!!" So wait a couple of weeks and then Nintendo unveils the official name: Wii. I was like "What the f*** are they thinking??!!"

Now this is around the time E3 2006 rolls around and Nintendo blows open the doors of everything Wii related. Super Mario Galaxy. Metroid Prime 3. Zelda: Twilight Princess. Disaster. Wii Sports. Project HAMMER. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The list goes on. My reaction was: "There is no way Nintendo is going to lose next console war."

Unfortunately, I was right. Why? The Wii has just become a breeding ground for crap. AND DON'T BLAME UBISOFT YOU HATERS!!!! I blame Nintendo for the amount of crap they have let flood onto their system.

Then I got the Wii that fall and I was like "This is effing sweet!" I played countless matches of Wii Sports Bowling. Then I didn't get any games for the longest time. Why? There weren't any good games. Sure there was SMG and MP3:C but those came out months after launch. SSBB was a disappointment especially how they nerfed all the characters and all that and made DeDeDe godly. Which is bullshit.

Anyways, I got Guitar Hero 3 (just like every other Wii owner!!!) and it was awesome. I was mad that the disc was faulty and all with no surround sound. So I sent in my disc to be replaced. I get it back 2 months later and then I have it a couple weeks and it gets scratched. Every time I put it in the Wii, after I play one or two songs it brings up the dreaded "Disc Read Error" and I get pissed off. Since this is my most played game on the Wii and I can't play it without bullshit occuring, I have just decided to call it quits. That and a significant amount of other factors:

1) Virtual Console: Where the hell is GoldenEye 007? Where is Majora's Mask? Where is Road Rash 64? WHERE THE HELL ARE THE N64 GAMES IN GENERAL?!?! COME ON!!

2) USB 2.0 ports: They are there why the hell can't I save files onto a USB Memory Stick? Why can't I print pictures off of the Photo Channel? Why are they even there to begin with?!?

3) Photo Channel: Why can't QuickTime movies play in that p.o.s Photo Channel even though it says they can play? Why can't I play .mp3 files like I used to be able to?

4) Ethernet Port: WHY ISN'T THERE ONE ON HERE?!

5) Why can't I save Wii files to a GameCube memory card?

6) Why aren't all my GameCube accessories compatible with the Wii?

7) Why is the system made of cheap-as-a-whore plastic?

8) Why can't games load more quickly? It is the successor to the 'Cube after all

9) Why isn't there any voice chat?

10) Why are the controllers way over-priced?

11) Where the hell are the good games? What happened to Disaster? And Project HAMMER? And Pikmin 3?

12) Since when does "Third Party Support" equate to "Shovelware"?

The thing with GameCube is all it does is play games. And it does that damn well. The Wii offers all these features but it gimps you when you get to take a closer look. It's better to not have the features at all then to know they are there and have them gimped.

Nintendo better have something effing amazing at E3 2008. Or I will stick beside my uber-PC and slick-n-silver 'Cube.

What are your thoughts?

Around the Network

Kikikiller combo!

Lame thread.

Made Dedede godly? Nerfed ALL other characters? Guitar Hero best game? WTF?!?
Thread = PHAIL

You dont like the Wii ,all the trolls of the webpage jump on you.Thats how things work here I fear.

Around the Network

Diomedes, I think hear the PS3 being undertracked somewhere. Go investigate.

Diomedes

You can go to N4G if you want... the most idiotic commenters post in there.

@desroko

lol...epic

@OP

Puhhh-lease

the GC was a disaster imo....

only SSBM save it from being a nucleur disaster

so far wii has SMG n SSBB & TOS 2 is coming soon

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

RCTjunkie said:
Made Dedede godly? Nerfed ALL other characters? Guitar Hero best game? WTF?!?
Thread = PHAIL

Guitar Hero is not the best game. I never said that. I said it was the game I played the most.

And come on man! They so nerfed Samus and Link! Don't deny it! And DeDeDe is a total monster bitch with his 5 damn jumps.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I never said I didn't like the Wii. GameCube is just better in my opinion. And also, you can't tell me that you didn't agree with any of my questions. No way. It's just not possible.

If you don't like all of the extra features then don't use them. I have never done anything on my wii other than play games and I am very happy with it.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT