By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analysts: GTAIV didn't boost May hardware sales

papflesje said:
No matter what this person says, I find it rather hard to believe that it had nothing to do with hardware sales. It must have had SOME effect. Maybe not as large as anticipated by some, but still...

However, he added, "We do not believe the recent release of GTA IV has generated meaningful incremental demand for the Xbox 360 or PS3 platforms" 

I think you missed some information in the report.  They are not saying hardware sales didn't increase or people didn't buy the machines for GTA4. They are saying that as a market item to appeal to more people, GTA4 didn't increase the demand for the consoles. People who bought the console were already waiting for GTA4.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
TheSource said:

Guys Pachter used the Vgchartz Americas numbers * (.9) that I provided him as an estimate for the USA, since the 'Americas' is bigger than just the USA.

So the numbers are less than what is posted in my article. 

lol, what?  You and Patcher work together now?

One day those analysts are going to have to realize that the NA market is not the dominant market anymore for hardware...
Look at Others hardware sales for the last 2 months.........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

bullshit,gtaiv realy boost the ps3

playnext3 said:
bullshit,gtaiv realy boost the ps3

This guy always gives such constructive arguments.

Amazing 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
ivo said:
bullsh*t

i bought a ps3 just for gta 4 (and because i bought a new full hd tv for the European championship of soccer (very big in europe

Just becuase you did doesn't mean everyone else did. It's kind of expected I gues. A lot of the people who were looking foward to these games bought the system a long time ago. Now, they just buit the game and not the console. 

Slimebeast...

'work together'? I don't know if I'd go that far, but he has my email, and i have his... 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource, that's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing that info with us. :)