By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I own it. Bought it from United Kingdom, through eBay. It's pretty cool. Its main purpose is to show off what the Nintendo DS can do. It's not that practical. I mean, the Playstation Portable browser is even better. It works like a handheld computer browser, because of the touch screen.

Around the Network
Narfer said:

I think it should get some credit. Darknight_DS seemed a bit harsh. Its purpose is simply getting online and going to sites. It loads images and everything and you can make it not load images which will make all sites load sinificantly faster. It works pretty good in my opinion. Maybe not great but give it some credit, I think its pretty cool.

Since when was it cool to wait longer for a website to load across a Highspeed connection then a dial up connection?  I swear, most dial up connections are faster then the DS browser.  The DS wasn't meant to be a browser and it shows.  The entire project should never have come about.  Sometime during the development of the browser Nintendo should have paid Opera to halt production and call it a day.  It's like I said... there is no redeeming value in the DS browser... it's one area where I'll gladly say the PSP has the upper edge due to it's faster processor.  

The thing is not cool whatsoever, if it was a homebrew project, I'd say...hey that's kinda neat... but it's a fully packaged retail project which went horribly wrong!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Lingyis said:

"pretty cool" doesn't cut it in this day and age.

the next DS they release hopefully comes with a built-in browser. 

better yet if it's a DS phone. 

It better not, because thats not what Nintendo is about.  They dont make computer software, TV's or phones, they do what real gamers care about... GAMES AND GAMING SYSTEMS.

"Since when was it cool to wait longer for a website to load across a Highspeed connection then a dial up connection?"

Well its not supposed to replace your computer.  Game consoles are for games, computers are for online.  Thats my OPINION.  The 2 worlds CAN collide, but not try and replace each other.  Thats what the browser does, for both DS AND PSP.  How many use their PSP for online all the time?  Exactly. The DS browser is great for those times where you cant access your computer.

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Ok guys, from what I have read... it sucks... horrificlly. I doubt it could load this website if it dont support java.

I really cant think of too many websites that are easier on the net' than this one. I dont have it, I'm not saying it dont work. But the PSP browser kinda sucks in alot of ways, and it sounds like it sucks in the same ways, plus a hella-lot more. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

The guy above says it does support java, and Ive used it, it may not be fast, but its not extremely slow, and it can load any site (moreless).  And it easily loads this site.  To cut down on load time, just disable images.  You almost never need to see any images on this site, and when you do, press the buton to make it load them again, and hit refresh. 

Like I said and Kwaad added to,  neither the DS or PSP browser are perfect, and they are both dwarfed by a reg computer with internet, but they are good for on the go. 

A delayed game is good someday, a bad game is bad forever.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:

Ok guys, from what I have read... it sucks... horrificlly. I doubt it could load this website if it dont support java.

I really cant think of too many websites that are easier on the net' than this one. I dont have it, I'm not saying it dont work. But the PSP browser kinda sucks in alot of ways, and it sounds like it sucks in the same ways, plus a hella-lot more. 

The North American version of the browser is unique in that it supports Java. I'm not aware of how well it performs but its an improvement over nothing.

Seriously, does anyone really care about a browser on a handheld? Are you that desperate to check the latest forum posts or catch the latest sports score? :P

I have the North American version and can confirm that it does not support Java or Flash as the nintendo.com website alluded to. It was as if they took the Opera Wii writeup and pushed it to the DS browser section of their site.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Kwaad said:

But the PSP browser kinda sucks in alot of ways, and it sounds like it sucks in the same ways, plus a hella-lot more.

Hmm, I think PSP browser is fine. Sure there are limitations but still. At least this site works correctly

kber81 said:
Kwaad said:

But the PSP browser kinda sucks in alot of ways, and it sounds like it sucks in the same ways, plus a hella-lot more.

Hmm, I think PSP browser is fine. Sure there are limitations but still. At least this site works correctly

Well its been out a tad longer with time to refine, still with any handheld I think anyone is going to find typing a serious set back.

Pity to hear about the Flash and Java not being on the US release, oh well.