By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bringing the best out in your ps3

I use it to watch all my movies. I attached a 320GB external HDD drive to it and watch DIVX or AVI format movie through PS3 onto my big screen TV.

Too bad it doesn't play MKV format, nor does it accept anything but FAT, else it'd be a perfect all-in-one for me.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Squilliam said:
JaggedSac said:
I need to get a blu-ray player so I was thinking of getting one since they are pretty much the cheapest player you can get(barring any sales). But I really don't want to since I am not interested in any of the games coming out. I wish players weren't so damned expensive.

Im a luddite, VHS all the way baby! I distrust Betamax and all other Sony formats. Why if I had my way... I would take a crate full of shoelaces to Sony HQ and blindfold every one of them.

LOL, I love me some movies though dude, and VHS just doesn't cut it.

Watching films on the VHS is like that brown filter thats on the PS3 GTAIV. It may have a lower resolution but it just LOOKS better mmmk?

Tease.

I use the PS3 for all the features you listed, only for webbrowsing at this point I still prefer to use a PC, but I do appreciate this feature.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I use it for Games, Blu Ray, and Music on occasion.

i use it for ps3 games and looking at whats new on the playstation store. Always download interesting looking demos and trailers and watch them a few times...
Thr internet browser is ok but slow compare to my pc and i dont have any blu rays to play but i might get some.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
JaggedSac said:
Squilliam said:
JaggedSac said:
I need to get a blu-ray player so I was thinking of getting one since they are pretty much the cheapest player you can get(barring any sales). But I really don't want to since I am not interested in any of the games coming out. I wish players weren't so damned expensive.

Im a luddite, VHS all the way baby! I distrust Betamax and all other Sony formats. Why if I had my way... I would take a crate full of shoelaces to Sony HQ and blindfold every one of them.

LOL, I love me some movies though dude, and VHS just doesn't cut it.

Watching films on the VHS is like that brown filter thats on the PS3 GTAIV. It may have a lower resolution but it just LOOKS better mmmk?

Hmm...maybe thats the way to go then.

I use it for photos, music, Blu-ray movies, gaming(PS1, PS2, PS3.) I also use the web browser alot(don't have a PC/laptop), though it's pretty weak-it freezes many, many times on some sites-especially on VGChartz, and I have to clear my history every time I go to Kotaku, though I've never had any problems with Joystiq. I download vids from Gametrailers and Gamespot alot. I've used the video chat a couple times with some relatives in Greece, but that's rare since I was only borrowing the PSEye(or whatever it's called), but I will buy one soon. I also plan on upgrading the HD to 320 gigs(this 60 gigger filled up fast.)

I wish it had better compatibility with the iPod, but cest la vis. I also wish they'd bring that DVR thing from the EU to the US(though Iunderstand there are reasons they can't.)

Overall, though, it's an awesome value as a poor man's entertainment hub, especially when you consider that they can update it via download to increase the features or improve existing ones. I love my PS3!

Primarily for PS3 games (including PS store downloads of all types) > watching Blu-ray/DVD movies and streaming content from my PC > playing PS2 games > card reader > web browsing and chatting ... too bad this thing doesn't cook or clean !

I have used all the parts of the PS3, I just have to figure out why Tversity doesnt want to connect to my PS3 anymore. =/

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I use it for blu-ray, DivX and occasionally games.

I don't really find it practical to use it for music and photos since I have a computer with tons of that 4 feet away, and I'd rather use the Wii for web browsing.