By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bringing the best out in your ps3

1) PS2 Backwards Compatibility (MGS, DMC, etc.)
2) PS3 Games
3) Blu-ray Movies
4) Internet Browser

The Blu-ray for some reason is my standard DVD/HD Player. I don't use the Xbox 360 DVD player anymore.

The PS3 for me is the home entertainment package :)

Around the Network

I think I use all its capabilities pretty much - although web browsing the least as I still don't like the browser that much.

I play games of course PS3 & PS2 (got 60Gb partial BC) but I also watch movies, have home movies stored on it as well as lots of pictures and music which I use as well.

One thing I haven't played with much is remote connection via my PSP but that's the next thing on my list to explore.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

everytghing but looking at photos and ill start watching bluray as soon as my full HD LCD arrives

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

Gaming machine all the time, blu-ray occasionally.

It's my primary movie player, whether it be for watching BR-Ds, DVDs (does a better job upscaling than my Mac or Windows Media Center) or AVIs. It doesn't have the same level of file compatibility as the Mac or PC, but its set top box functionality with the remote and ease of use still gives it the edge.

Best overall media center. Only lacks video capture TV capabilities I have with both the Mac and PC.

PS3 games, PS2/PS1 games since those consoles are in storage.

No web browsing, barring the rare exception; low buffer due to memory constraints, lower compatibility with all sites relative to Mac and PC, inability to easily download files, etc. It's just convenient to have, even if it's not so convenient to use without a mouse and keyboard.

Music files are on the HDD, but it's rarely ever used as a stereo since iTunes does a better job managing music and play lists. Will potentially see more use if/once the in-game music player is added to the OS for those games with little or weak music.

Photos are on the HDD as well but iPhoto does a much better job organizing photos with the quick previews and limited editing and output/sharing capabilities.

Also used it quite a bit for Folding@Home with about 420+ data packets processed. I cut back on that since the early PS3s (non 40GB) are serious power hogs.

Around the Network

I play games and watch dvds. I find the web browser a bit rubbish, and dont own any blu-rays (yet)

I use it for online gaming though, which is amazing (and free)

I did play PS2 games on my old 60gb model, but now i have a 40g model i cant....yet....hopefully....woo....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I need to get a blu-ray player so I was thinking of getting one since they are pretty much the cheapest player you can get(barring any sales). But I really don't want to since I am not interested in any of the games coming out. I wish players weren't so damned expensive.

Its a great ornament on my coffee table. It looks good.

Its a great new age statement, too bad my coffee table isn't anywhere near my TV so its not plugged in...

Tease.

JaggedSac said:
I need to get a blu-ray player so I was thinking of getting one since they are pretty much the cheapest player you can get(barring any sales). But I really don't want to since I am not interested in any of the games coming out. I wish players weren't so damned expensive.

Im a luddite, VHS all the way baby! I distrust Betamax and all other Sony formats. Why if I had my way... I would take a crate full of shoelaces to Sony HQ and blindfold every one of them.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
JaggedSac said:

Im a luddite, VHS all the way baby! I distrust Betamax and all other Sony formats. Why if I had my way... I would take a crate full of shoelaces to Sony HQ and blindfold every one of them.

LOL, I love me some movies though dude, and VHS just doesn't cut it.