By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will we see another mario main series platformer for the wii this gen?

Since the snes there has only been one mario main series platformer per console. Do you think that will change since nintendo is winning, and has more money to make games? Will smg be the only mario main series platformer on the wii, or will there be more?

I believe they will get the smg sequel out near the end of the wii's life.

Around the Network

im thinking that they will also release a sequel for SMG

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

no i don't think so, we won't see another Mario platformer until next gen.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Yep definetly.

I very much doubt we'll get one for the Wii but I think they will follow up NSMB on the DS after seeing how much people were still interested in 2D Mario games.

Around the Network

So we will have to wait for the SMG sequel until next gen? I would rather have a new mario game that fits the console rather than an SMG sequel.

I hope that a new "platformer mario series" game come only on "Wii2". I surely hope this.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

If they do, it would be something similar to New super mario bros on the wii, but a new 3d one would probably after the wii

I doubt it, Nintendo still has alot of unrepresented franchises to work on.

What about Luigi's Mansion 2? Who thinks this may be a possibility?

Unlikely to happen, perhaps a new mario game on the DS though (NSMB was a throw back to the old days and Super Mario 64 DS was a port).

It's possible if the Wii is still Nintendo's premier platform for another 5 or 6 years, because it was 6 between Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine (96-02) and 5 between Sunshine and Galaxy (02-07), so I guess it depends on how long you all expect the Wii to last for. I wouldn't expect it to last much longer considering it's a fad though..................................... (kidding)