By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My friend's 360 is dying on him

He's trying to play GTAIV, but it keeps DRE-ing him.....as well as his other games. He's going to buy a new one, but he's convinced that the elite is the best one, hardware wise. I'm trying to tell him that the second generation 360's (he has a first gen) pro's (with HDMI) are the same as the elite now, in terms of hardware quality, minus that phat hdd, and the blackness. I know that's how it is, but he won't believe me, even though I'm trying to save him money, and he just so happens to be a penny pincher. Can anyone link me to give proof that the new pro's and the elites are essentially the same now?

Around the Network

Is there a console that GTA4 hasnt screwed up!?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Okay, this seems to be an strange suggestion, but how about SENDING it back to M$ for repair?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

even if he get's an Elite, it can still die on him. I an "Elite" in February, and got RROD, started with all the freezing, and nonstop controller vibration. and all that $$$ for nothing

I know it can still die on him because, well, 360's fail.....but what I'm trying to tell him is that the new Pro's and the Elites are essentially the same, but he won't believe me. Now, gimme link please

Around the Network

and he doesn't have proof of ownership, or anything, so he doesn't want to send it back in.....stubborn.

All I'm asking for is something to convince him that the new Pro's are the same as Elites when it comes to the innards of the box. That way, he saves $100

BMaker11 said:
and he doesn't have proof of ownership, or anything, so he doesn't want to send it back in.....stubborn.

All I'm asking for is something to convince him that the new Pro's are the same as Elites when it comes to the innards of the box. That way, he saves $100

You don't need a store receipt to send it in to MS. All he needs is an xbox.com account and his console's serial number. Sounds like your friend modded his console.

And yes the only differences between the Pro and Elite are 100 gigs and an HDMI cable. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Comparison_of_features

@BMaker11

-> tell him to look at http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/hardware/console101.htm. It shows that only differences is: the color, the HDD size, the HDMI cable(thats the cable NOT the port)

EDIT: stupid link won't work ... goto Xbox.com -> Xbox 360 -> Console ... and scroll down ...

He has a hard drive all ready why not just buy an arcade

alright, i got what I needed. thanks