By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boycott Square Enix! or "Why are SE's games so expensive?"

ctk495 said:
lol I didn't recognise soriku because of that avatar.

Me neither

@Soriku

Nice new avatar

The prices aren't that bad. It's not like Square-Enix is the only company to charge those kind of prices for there games. 

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Around the Network

Huh? I thought handheld games were at least as expensive as PC games or maybe even higher so that sounds low (or at least not bad).

No, I will not boycott SE unless they stop making good games and fully concentrate on bad ones. Their prices aren't any worse than the industry usually has, at least for non-handhelds. And even if they are, they're mostly worth it. Also, they seem to support every platform more or less.

No worries about the game prices in Europe. We are just much richer than Americans. Especially considering exchange rates.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Their games are more expensive due to higher quality. At least, it's more likely that you'd get high quality games from SE.

SE have one good DS game. I don't see how they deserve more money than anyone else.

Around the Network
rudyrsr8 said:
Im waiting for FF:CC DS to come down to $30.

Same.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

yeah i noticed that one day there games were 40$ i was pretty suprised

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

pfft -- i wish DS games were $40 here in Australia ...

We pay around $70 AU / $65 US per game ...
and like $113 US per 360/PS3 game ...

Not to mention we have to wait months and months for release dates and constanly get lied to ...
** how hard is it to convert a game from English to English ? How much locaisation needs to be done for region free systems ? ... i wish we would just get the US version 4 - 12 months earliar ( see Rockband 1 ... with an estimated September - October 08 release date here )

kingofwale said:
lol, here's your choice.

get good game from SE for 40 bucks, or get crapware for 20 bucks.

your choice.

Agreed, if you boycott SE, then you must have boycotted your brain a very long time ago.

You even admitted you were willing to pay $40 for certain SE games in you OP.

This thread fails :P