By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: Wii is not a hardcore machine, Wii owners don't buy much software

That's right! Thank me!

Riot is back to make sense of all of this.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
what the fuck is this boycott bullshit you guys have going on? Seriously, this is just too freakin funny. What now, did they call the wii a fad or something? Wii fans are a trip.

Are you in the wrong thread? No one mentioned anything about boycotts until you popped into the thread.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

RolStoppable said:
NJ5 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
what the fuck is this boycott bullshit you guys have going on? Seriously, this is just too freakin funny. What now, did they call the wii a fad or something? Wii fans are a trip.

Are you in the wrong thread? No one mentioned anything about boycotts until you popped into the thread.

You can thank dmj. :)

Thanks, that post made my day. No actually it didn't, all is left is for Portugal to win against Turkey today.

I don't get this whole boycot; Wii fans are the most vocal on how extremely pleased they are with their huge base of fantastic games and yet they complain about support? And to make matters worse; they're "boycoting" the biggest 3rd party dev on the platform? That just has silly written all over it.
If you're unhappy about your selection of games then either purchase another (HD) console (or do you refuse out of primitive principal?) or at least admit that your platform of choice might not cater to "everyone's" needs and wants after all (we all know that won't happen though).
If matters are really sour, you all seem to own PC's anyway, so why not get some games for that while you wait for Ubi to listen to your wailing and see the error of their unspeakably rude ways?

Mummelmann said:
I don't get this whole boycot; Wii fans are the most vocal on how extremely pleased they are with their huge base of fantastic games and yet they complain about support? And to make matters worse; they're "boycoting" the biggest 3rd party dev on the platform? That just has silly written all over it.
If you're unhappy about your selection of games then either purchase another (HD) console (or do you refuse out of primitive principal?) or at least admit that your platform of choice might not cater to "everyone's" needs and wants after all (we all know that won't happen though).
If matters are really sour, you all seem to own PC's anyway, so why not get some games for that while you wait for Ubi to listen to your wailing and see the error of their unspeakably rude ways?

Maybe you're looking for this thread?

@RolStoppable: Good luck to you!

Around the Network

tsk tsk tsk, diarrhea of the mouth.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

In deed, Ninty themselve are targetting the familly/casual crowd on the Wii.

In a way, It is a great think for dev/publisher. It will allow them to focus on the right market by choosing the right console :

Xbox360/PS3/PC : hardcore

Wii : casual

OF COURSE, this "market split" can be avoided IF Ninty themselve try to convince third party dev to make hardcore games on their console.
BUT since they just want to earn money whatever their are selling to hardcore or casual/non gamer, I believe Ninty just doesn"t care about "the Wii not being a hardcore console"

Time to Work !

"What is wrong with this?"

What about the 6 million people who bought SMG, SSBB, MKWii.

The 5 million that bought LoZ:TP

The 1.5 million that bought MP3, Sonic:SotR, Lego SW, RE4 and RE:UC...

The hundreds of thousands that bought Fire Emblem, Super Monkey Ball, Trauma Center, Excite Truck, The Simpsons Game, Sega Super Star Tennis, House of the Dead, Zack & Wiki, DBZ, Need for Speed, EA Sports, etc.

These are not new-to-gaming casuals. Ubi is shooting themselves in the foot.

When Wii is at 50 million the sheer size of the user base alone means we'll start seeing PS2 style software numbers.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

starcraft said:

Apple copied the MP3 player from Sony.  I stuggle to accept the notion that Apple was acknowledging Sony "won."

I think Apple copied Creative not Sony.  Sony was one of the last to the market with MP3s.  Unless you mean they copied the walkman which would still be inaccurate because Apple didn't make the first MP3 player so they would have copied others who already had MP3 players.  You could argue the early makers of MP3 players copied Sony but since MP3 players are very different products it's more like innovation than copying.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

libellule said:
In deed, Ninty themselve are targetting the familly/casual crowd on the Wii.

In a way, It is a great think for dev/publisher. It will allow them to focus on the right market by choosing the right console :

Xbox360/PS3/PC : hardcore

Wii : casual

OF COURSE, this "market split" can be avoided IF Ninty themselve try to convince third party dev to make hardcore games on their console.
BUT since they just want to earn money whatever their are selling to hardcore or casual/non gamer, I believe Ninty just doesn"t care about "the Wii not being a hardcore console"

That is why most of nintendo's games target the hardcore? Anyway that doesn't explain their low quality casual games. Have you seen the framerate dogz was running at. Probably below 20 fps and the game looks like sh*t.