By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: Wii is not a hardcore machine, Wii owners don't buy much software

i dont care how they view the wii, or gaming @ all, as long as the keep making games that i enjoy.

Around the Network

I have a much, much better interview than this one. Behold the creamy goodness!

http://www.casualgaming.biz/news/27507/INTERVIEW-softly-spoken

Best quotation:

Q: Can you secure your position as the most successful third-party casual publisher on Nintendo formats this year?

Pauline Jaquey, Executive Producer, Ubisoft Games for Everyone: Yes, of course. That’s the aim. We not very original in terms of strategy, we tend to follow what Nintendo’s doing. I shouldn’t say that, but it’s true so I am saying it. What we have that maybe Nintendo doesn’t is like a crazy touch that you find in Rayman Raving Rabbids and those type of games.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I've already commented on the other thread... I'll repeat, Ubisoft will get whistled, spitted and shot at during the next E3 when they decide to reveal their horrid line-up for the Wii.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I'm too mad to make a coherent comment and I'm too drunk to make a lulzy comment. I missed the initial Ubisoft shitstorm, but... damn they're nuts and getting worse. Don't they have stockholders to answer to who want shitloads of money and maybe might realize good games for the fastest selling system ever just might make money?

Huh, no typos... I'm getting a nother drink.

Bodhesatva said:

I have a much, much better interview than this one. Behold the creamy goodness!

http://www.casualgaming.biz/news/27507/INTERVIEW-softly-spoken

Best quotation:

Q: Can you secure your position as the most successful third-party casual publisher on Nintendo formats this year?

Pauline Jaquey, Executive Producer, Ubisoft Games for Everyone: Yes, of course. That’s the aim. We not very original in terms of strategy, we tend to follow what Nintendo’s doing. I shouldn’t say that, but it’s true so I am saying it. What we have that maybe Nintendo doesn’t is like a crazy touch that you find in Rayman Raving Rabbids and those type of games.

Ubisoft: But you are doing it the wrong way, and you suck. You will never achieve to match what Nintendo does, stop dreaming get real.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Oh lord.Wii BINGO appears.

I can't take this crap anymore.Goodnight guys.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

I just can't believe an Ubisoft Exec actually said that. The Executive Producer of Ubisoft's Casual Division. Let me repeat it, one more time:

We not very original in terms of strategy, we tend to follow what Nintendo’s doing. I shouldn’t say that, but it’s true so I am saying it. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

I just can't believe an Ubisoft Exec actually said that. The Executive Producer of Ubisoft's Casual Division. Let me repeat it, one more time:

We not very original in terms of strategy, we tend to follow what Nintendo’s doing. I shouldn’t say that, but it’s true so I am saying it.

Yeah it's unbelievable. What kind of company would say "we don't have a strategy" out in public?? Even the popcorn seller down the road would be hard pressed to say that.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Bodhesatva said:

Yeah it's unbelievable. What kind of company would say "we don't have a strategy" out in public?? Even the popcorn seller down the road would be hard pressed to say that.

Biiiiiirdman!

Malestrom would have so many words about this. Then again, he's taking time off.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Bodhesatva said:

What's so bad about that ?

She didn't say they didn't have a strategy, she said they were copying Nintendo....

You always imitate the best, that is a valid strategy and one heavilly used in many industries...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !