By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone here that boycotting Ubisoft was pointless/useless right now?

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:

F*** you Ubisoft.

It'll be a tough pill for me to swallow if I ever buy another Ubisoft game.
I never cared for their games and I never will.
Ubisoft...you fail. It's a good thing I never cared for their games.
Pretend Ubisoft doesnt exist
Ubisoft sucks anyways.

Fuck Ubisoft. I will gladly buy EA games because they do not think Wii users are total retards.
etc.
There's hundreds of posts like this one that I've seen and they all say the same thing. But none of them are saying don't buy Ubisoft developed games, that only came today, when the found out Ubisoft was publishing Tenchu 4.
And now people are just taking it out of their sig, so they don't look like hypocrites.
In order to sleep at night, people are trying to justify what their sig says, or re-word it to only talk about games, and it's sad that people change around what they believe in, in order to not look silly.

I was the only one who took it out my sig because I was getting annoyed at the bickering that was happening. Otherwise I would have kept it. I still don't see how it's hypocritical. If it was something like...pretend FF XIII on the Wii, and Ubisoft was publishing it, we would buy it because it's a SE game and they make good games. We don't care who's publishing it (unless it's a publisher who doesn't like to advertise much >_>) we just care about the developer and the quality of the game. Ubisoft isn't making Tenchu 4 so we can rest easy that it has a chance at beign a good game.

Erm... a few people have taken it out of their sig, or augmented what their sig originally said.

That wasn't directed at you personally.

Around the Network

Now that's just cherry picking. Because the point of a boycott is too force them to lose so much business that they are forced to change their ways. But if you support games they make money off of, aka No More Heroes and soon Tenchu 4, your still in turn hurting your own cause.

This boycott is simply useless. Buy the games you want to play and leave it at that. Can't force a business to do what you want unless you have monumental numbers and full dedication.

Yea but it's the publisher who decides what games to make and fund. You think the Baby Partyz developer really wants to be making that? Ubisoft execs -- as a publisher -- made that decision.

Zucas said:
Now that's just cherry picking. Because the point of a boycott is too force them to lose so much business that they are forced to change their ways. But if you support games they make money off of, aka No More Heroes and soon Tenchu 4, your still in turn hurting your own cause.

This boycott is simply useless. Buy the games you want to play and leave it at that. Can't force a business to do what you want unless you have monumental numbers and full dedication.

Exactly

You're "boycotting", but still lining their pockets to use on PS360 games.  

This is the least amount of dedication, and the worst boycott that I have ever seen implemented.  It's a shame that people don't have any willpower.  As soon as a "might be okay" game came out, ubisoft was cool again cause they're not developing it. 

People have no morals.

"This boycott is simply useless. Buy the games you want to play and leave it at that. Can't force a business to do what you want unless you have monumental numbers and full dedication."

I agree fully with this statement from Zucas.

Why is it this generation is full of 'boycott this, boycott that'?...and from all 3 sides.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Machina-AX said:
The whole boycott hysteria was pathetic and pointless from the start.

I made a very good analogy on the moderator boards about it but I'm sworn to secrecy. Plus, it would annoy a lot of people. Also, it seems I forgot about publishing in other regions. My mistake. But I thought Ubisoft was going to focus more on casual development? Why would publishing a game show any more support?

You tease, now you've got me curious.

Could you PM it to me. I swear to keep it secret and not get offended. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well i think most of the boycott people were like wii owners anyway. They are not loyal people as most of them turned ther backs on ninty many years ago. So why would you expect them to stick to a boycott. i think most o fthem just put it in there sig for popularity reasons, you no like a sheap following the big groupz

yushire said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
sc94597 said:
It's not a game developed by them though.
Doesnt matter you still make them money to fund their crappy games on the Wii. The boycott was pointlesss...

But we want good games from ubisoft, not some developer from the street. And personally I don't care if they fund games using the money they get.

Ubi still makes money out of you if you buy this game, so whose the loser here at the end? The one boycotting Ubi or Ubi itself? 

YEah, but not as much as somebody who made the game. They also have to spend money for advertisement, and funding game developement. It's not their crappy game. My boycott is against all of their crappy games anyway.

JGarret said:
"This boycott is simply useless. Buy the games you want to play and leave it at that. Can't force a business to do what you want unless you have monumental numbers and full dedication."

I agree fully with this statement from Zucas.

Why is it this generation is full of 'boycott this, boycott that'?...and from all 3 sides.

I second Zukas' statement

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

DMeisterJ said:

F*** you Ubisoft.

It'll be a tough pill for me to swallow if I ever buy another Ubisoft game.
I never cared for their games and I never will.
Ubisoft...you fail. It's a good thing I never cared for their games.
Pretend Ubisoft doesnt exist
Ubisoft sucks anyways.

Fuck Ubisoft. I will gladly buy EA games because they do not think Wii users are total retards.
etc.
There's hundreds of posts like this one that I've seen and they all say the same thing.  But none of them are saying don't buy Ubisoft developed games, that only came today, when the found out Ubisoft was publishing Tenchu 4.
And now people are just taking it out of their sig, so they don't look like hypocrites.
In order to sleep at night, people are trying to justify what their sig says, or re-word it to only talk about games, and it's sad that people change around what they believe in, in order to not look silly.

Do you honestly think I care about what a random guy on the internet may think about me?

Lmao

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies