By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Else does Not enjoy online gaming?

i enjoy online gaming but i dont have time to play online that much.

i hammered cod4 online on ps3 that was great, but since have gone off it.

only online i kinda enjoy now is team fortress

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Im not realy into online gaming myself but i do play warcraft III (not WoW) the frozen throne.

darthdevidem01 said:
nothing this gen has impressed me as far as online goes...

maybe MGO will....or maybe I will have to wait till RES 2

Could this be because you don't have...dare I say...umm...a 360? :)

I dont like MMORPG at all

it s like bad drugs

I am not really fond of other online gamers... it s so... un-natural

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

I like certain types of online gaming, but I have VERY strict Criteria for the experience to be remotely enjoyable (as far as "shooters" are concerned).

I prefer HUGE matches, 32+ is ideal for me.

I prefer games with HUGE maps, I HATE cluster fucks >_> (unless it's melee matches :D)

I get annoyed SUPER easily if theres any bullshit spawn camping.

If it's super realistic, I'm not interested.

I like vehicular combat.

I DESPISE P2P gaming, my gaming experience changes too many goddamn times, and it turns twitch shooters into insta-fail.

I like Sci-Fi.

I need diversified weapons, and as mentioned, preferably sci-fi.

I like the life to be a little on the high end, not so much like Halo's, a point blank shot gun shell should kill >_>

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

If you play popular games (Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4) a lot of the players will be either overly competitive or 12 years old and developing their ego in a painful transition. Plenty of older gentlemen like yourself can be found playing games offered on Xbox Live Arcade.

disolitude said:
I agree that if you don't have enough time to invest you may not enjoy it as there is always going to be some dude with a phd in gaming that will kill you.

Quote of the week right here :)

disolitude said:

The following image best represents what the best aspects of online gaming are...

Hahahahaha LOL. Too True.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

I don't care much for online multiplayer. I can play and have my butt handed to me and finish through with the match, but there are times when I'm doing the butt kicking, my opponent will disconnect. Thanks buddy, what sportsmanship.

Then there's lag, wait weren't you just there, nope you're there now.

Local multiplayer in my book will always triumph over online multiplayer mainly because you're with someone familiar and you can start to goof off or laugh about the witnessed kill/victory. That and it's actually nice to be able to pause the game to grab something to eat or drink or to answer the freaking phone.

disolitude said:

The following image best represents what the best aspects of online gaming are...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bwahahahah!!!!!!!!

Anyway, my avatar is from World of Warcraft, where I have 2 level 70's in pimped out gear that I never play anymore. I have about 250 days real time played on that game.

I also ascended near the top ranks of Halo 2, and took the number 5 spot in ESPN 2k5(was 5 their last game?).

So, with all that online gaming, I can officially say that I'm not a huge fan. After so long, the people online just seem to be one large pit of disgusting humanity. You grow jaded and basically everything bad about the internet is bad about online gaming.

Your achievements are brushed off by others, while your failures are laughed at and maliciously punished by them. Enough time played eventually leads to great highs and devistating lows.

Online gaming is like a drug that doesn't get you very high very often, but it's super addictive. It'll never be as fun as it is when you first try it, and overall, online gaming is vastly over-rated.

That said, there is something cool about XBL, downloads, patches, friends lists, and live chat that is cool as hell. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.